SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vivreal monocular almost 50% off on Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vivreal monocular almost 50% off on Amazon Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Been kicking the idea of a hand held monocular around for awhile. Handy at the range and we get a lot of wild life at the lake place to view. I didn't want to spend a lot of money as it's a want more than a need. So I ran across this one on Amazon. Regularly $99.99 and you click the coupon box of a extra $45 off. So it was just under $60 out the door.
Just thought I'd post if someone else is interested in taking advantage of the price.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I took a look at this on Amazon. Made in China. Frown

The Amazon listing shows quite a few different monoculars for less than $50.00. I did not chase that information, but I'm willing to bet that they're all from China.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30713 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I’ve been wanting one of these but haven’t gotten around to it .. thanks for the heads up, I just bought one.

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I took a look at this on Amazon. Made in China. Frown

The Amazon listing shows quite a few different monoculars for less than $50.00. I did not chase that information, but I'm willing to bet that they're all from China.

Yeah I know. I did spend some time on a search to try to find a USA made one but didn't really come up with anything. I think maybe Leupold are made in the U.S. but they are more high end spotting scopes and start at way more than I was going to spend. BTW what's the difference between a spotting scope and a monocular?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
BTW what's the difference between a spotting scope and a monocular?

I consider a monocular to be hand-held vs. spotting scopes, which are strong enough to need a tripod for any useful purpose.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post