SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    E Mail / computer question tech gurus come on in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E Mail / computer question tech gurus come on in Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
I have a new windows 10 HP laptop, I want to use a non google/chrome email , is there a web based email service i can use that the PC will take to log in and setup, but is not associated with google or windows???

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Is Yahoo an alternative? Does your ISP offer a web-based e-mail? This thread https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8990018664 mentioned Reagan.com.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
protonmail.com

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
i just saw that above post, will check it also, mods can delete if duplicate

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
my ISP is my hotspot on my verizon cell phone

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I use thunderbird

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
key features should be free and accepted by windows in my PC

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
i guess a bette quesion is how do i set up and VERIFY a new email without using one of my old EM addys or my cell phone. I want this account to be independent of me or my past emails and hopefully free of the cyber ads that my email gets now

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Web mail should not be OS (Windows or other) dependent. It's completely browser based, and should work on any browser.

quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
key features should be free and accepted by windows in my PC

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Most all Email Servers/Platforms offer a webmail interface.
The complexity of the interface will vary but most all have them.
I know you aren't looking to Microsoft but O365 is very versatile.
YMMV

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
thx fellas

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,