SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ‘I did it on purpose’: Heart-stopping video shows the moment allegedly impaired driver rams into cop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘I did it on purpose’: Heart-stopping video shows the moment allegedly impaired driver rams into cop Login/Join 
posted
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2...ms-into-cop-1429516/

The officer seen above was reportedly trying to stop Dula from continuing to drive in the wrong direction. But instead of listening to him, she ran him over.

“F–k these cops! He wouldn’t move! F–k these cops! It’s a lesson to him, and hopefully he doesn’t want to be a cop anymore!” she reportedly yelled right after the incident occurred.

She’s since been charged with first-degree attempted assault, attempted aggravated assault upon a police officer, second-degree assault, second-degree reckless endangerment, and operating a vehicle while ability impaired by drugs and reckless driving.

Guess what happened next …

A judge cut her a break.

The Post notes that although Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Lucy Shephard asked for a $100,000 bail, Judge John Zhuo Wang set bail at just $25,000. The only good news is she hasn’t been able to afford even this lightweight bail yet.

Meanwhile, Police Benevolent Association President Patrick Hendry said on Friday that Dula should have been hit with attempted murder charges.

“I told the cop I wanted to go straight, and he wouldn’t move, so I hit him,” Dula later told investigators. “I did it on purpose.”

more at link

Posts: 12755 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes
quote:
...she runs her own company offering mentoring services to troubled kids who are involved in drugs and gangs,...

Q

Posts: 26538 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Put her in the parking lot @ shift change and let ALL the cops get a chance to do the same to her !

Posts: 794 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
She’s since been charged with first-degree attempted assault, attempted aggravated assault upon a police officer, second-degree assault, second-degree reckless endangerment, and operating a vehicle while ability impaired by drugs and reckless driving.

"Attempted" assault? Wtf?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30457 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

"Attempted" assault? Wtf?

Yes or no, did she attempt assault?

I’m guessing attemped assault is not dependent on success.

You’ll note she was also charged with second degree assault, which I’m assuming depends on success.

Posts: 11034 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Would love to be a juror on that trial and err... no I wouldn't be biased at all your Honor.

Posts: 9175 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With NY laws so lax since “bail reform” ( mostly thanks to NYC leftists that ruin things for everyone else) I am surprised they didn’t release her on an appearance ticket. How long until she plays the “race card” ( even though it appears the officer she struck was black?)

NYC leftists drag down that city and unfortunately the remainder of an otherwise beautiful state with them

Posts: 3303 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Whatever the bail, I hope she gets convicted of all charges and is punished appropriately.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12763 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any charge less than attempted murder of a police officer is a travesty of justice.

The police union needs to lean on the mayor over this...

Posts: 4734 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
"Takes multiple medicines" ... guess that includes marijuana. What other street drugs?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1572 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Any charge less than attempted murder of a police officer is a travesty of justice.

The police union needs to lean on the mayor over this...

Maybe.

It depends on the relative placement of the offenses in the NY penal code.

As an example of this, in TX this would be charged as aggravated assault public servant, not attempted capital murder. Why?

Because both charges are first degree felonies and going with aggravated assault eliminates the need to establish the intent to actually kill anyone.

While I have basically zero knowledge of the NYS penal laws, I do avoid such judgements unless I actually know the law.

New York City wants it this way, and everyone else is short of officers. Sounds like a solution waiting to happen.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2448 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Now obviously that's not cool by any stretch of the imagination, but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it was. That because for two days I kept seeing the headline and people using the term "ran him over." No, she didn't run him over. If she had, he would have been under the car, not over the fender.

It was a mass running over with an arsenal of cars. Wink I learnt it at jurnalizm skool.

Posts: 21127 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Can’t afford bail but you can afford a Lexus. Yeah that sounds right. I hope you die in jail.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12666 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post