Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Freethinker |
In the other thread you mentioned that the last Gabriel Allon book you read was very leftist and antireligion. Which book was that? (Thanks for your comment, BTW, but I didn't want to drift that discussion any further.) “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” — Plato | ||
|
| Imagination and focus become reality |
I'm sorry, I edited the other post before I read this one. The book is "The Order". Up to that point I thought all his books featuring Allon were excellent. The best may have been an early one, "The English Assassin". At least that was one of my favorites. | |||
|
| Freethinker |
Thank you. I am only up to book 11, Portrait of a Spy. Unfortunately, in my experience it’s not uncommon for authors of an extensive series of books to go off the rails at some point, or at least start delving in previously-untouched topics. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to keep thinking of something fresh for the next issue and it then often shows sooner or later. “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” — Plato | |||
|
goodheart![]() |
It was The Order that led me to stop reading Silva's books. I considered it a personal attack on Trump--very thinly veiled, if at all. I thoroughly enjoyed every book up to that point, in fact found them fascinating, as the long reading list shows. _________________________ “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. –Daniel Webster (1782-1852)" | |||
|
| Member |
I recall reading it and quickly looking at the Copyright date to confirm and document a severe case of TDS. | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

