SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sunday dinner made easy, w/protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sunday dinner made easy, w/protection Login/Join 
posted
Went to the local muzzleloader and primitive craft show today. Since I didn't want to make dinner afterwards, I decided to have dinner waiting for me when I came home. A few minutes of slice/dice in the morning, then 8 hours of cooking while I was gone. When I got home, a few minutes to throw the shrimp in & cook rice, and...Jambalaya!

Found the recipe here:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7...ow-cooker-jambalaya/

Protected by an Astra 600/43 in 9mm Luger

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a winner! I make my own andouille for such a time as this!

Posts: 1709 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Photo is making my mouth water.

Please tell us about the protection? I don't recognize it at all.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
Looks great! Photo is making my mouth water.

Please tell us about the protection? I don't recognize it at all.

It's an Astra 600/43 in 9mm Luger. These were made as a contract for Germany in the latter part of WWII. Not all were delivered before the war ended, but the remaining units were delivered to the German police after the war. This is one of the post war guns. The Astra 600 is a blowback in 9mm, hence it has a strong recoil spring, and a heavy slide. Sort of an oddball gun, but they work well, and shoot nice. It does get some strange looks at the range.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post