SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Public Schools Celebrate Veterans Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Public Schools Celebrate Veterans Today Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
One of the many things I do like about our small district is its unwavering support for America and those who have given so much for our nation. Today our schools carry on the tradition of celebrating our veterans by inviting them to assemblies. All relatives and friends of students and their families can be invited to attend. It is an honor for our Scouts to participate as the color guard.

These are photos of our Cubs in kindergarten and first grade, along with our Scouts in middle school. The other middle school will have its assembly later this afternoon where our second through fifth graders will participate.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15727 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our high school had a program to honor veterans yesterday morning by the NJROTC students. It was a good event and well attended.

Later that afternoon the NJROTC had their annual inspection and pass-in-review that was interesting to see. I was hoping they would have had it right after the morning ceremony for better attendance but they didn't and there were only a few high school students and a few of us older veterans in the stands.

It was probably just as well as a lot of the marching was more out of step ambling than anything else, including the drill team, but I had to remember that they are still just kids and their association with the military is a very small part of their life at the moment. The point to takeaway is that they were there willingly and with good intention to receive some instruction in military training and discipline.

Additionally, the kids in the NJROTC unit are always at the Veterans Fairs to serve us food, pick up after us, and help out any way they can. Really a great group of kids. I wish they weren't headed for a military that's as screwed up as ours currently is.

Posts: 4985 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post