SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Email from GunMag Warehouse: “It’s Probably a Good Time to Pick Up More Magazines”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Email from GunMag Warehouse: “It’s Probably a Good Time to Pick Up More Magazines” Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Do you agree? I had ordered some 357/40 P320 magazines just before I got that email, but that was because it appears that SIG is dropping both cartridges from their line entirely, at least for the time being. That, however, wouldn’t have been why GMW sent its email. Do you believe they’re right and there are other reasons for why it would be a good time to pick up more magazines?

(This is not, BTW, a question about GMW’s greed and marketing, which is a common type of rabbit hole these discussions dive into; it’s about the question asked.)

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47420 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
The time has passed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16122 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the email or anything but when I purchase any firearm I buy 20+ magazines so no matter what happens my handguns are covered. Rifles triple that amount because of cost. You never know when someone, the government, whatever is going to roll through with some high cap ban so I always say buy up. Get enough so you have a complete set just for practice/training, and another set for rotational carry. I'm more concerned with changes to our rights than a mfr discontinuing something.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12661 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Lol, like 6 months ago.

Posts: 9981 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For what its worth.....When your name is GUN MAG WAREHOUSE......there is never a bad time to pick up more magazines. :P

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
my guess is this is related to the GA Senate results and the Schumer led Senate Majority to follow.

HK Ag

Posts: 3507 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
They are not wrong.. thats the only thing in stock at my local shops.

You know that the attack on the second amendment will be sooner than later!

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Marketing opportunity, disguised as a public service message.

Posts: 9550 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Marketing opportunity, disguised as a public service message.

maybe...Sgammo had a statement on their website for over a year telling people to stock up. Marketing? i suppose but also correct

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger stock price RGR was up sharply today. The market knows what BS is coming. I loaded up during freedom week on hi caps. My LGS has plenty of 10 round mags available of all flavors. Stuck here in CA sucks.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post