SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rode is a NICE truck the other day..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rode is a NICE truck the other day.. Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
I rode in a VERY nice truck the other day. It was a new model F250 Turbo Diesel with factory 20 in wheels and towing package. Not only was it quiet for a diesel, when you get on it it felt like a fast gasoline vehicle, the turbocharger did not take any time at all to spin up, it seemed instantaneous. And the interior was outstanding, so I'm sure it was a custom order package. Interesting that the ride was smoother than my factory F150, and I run Michelins.

So my recommendation is, if you like trucks and can afford it, think about that. For myself I do like it, but I don't have the horsepower to float that boat. And if you live in a local tax area that kills you on personal vehicle property taxes, you have that headache to deal with. But if you love driving, and you love trucks, I think this would be as good as you could get.

I know you guys have some superb wheels, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this truck in particular.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I got to ride in my boss' F250 this week. It's a gasser, not a diesel, but it's still a really nice truck. My brother's got the diesel in a 2015. I've driven it. I liked it a lot.

I don't need a 250, but some days I wish I did. Nice trucks, for sure.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My mom is on her 3rd or 4th SRW 350. I think the current one is a 17 Platinum, really nice truck & pulled their triple axle 41ft toy hauler no problem.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I have a 2016 F-350 CC, SRW diesel that I bought at the end of the year for just over 50K. It has 90,000 miles on it now and given the price for new ones I can sell it now for what I paid for it…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that the comfort level of Ford Diesel trucks in the higher trim packages have come a long way. The last one I rode in (and drove), was about 15 years ago, and IT was also a nice truck. But, this new one I rode in last week was out of the park compared to the previous generation I rode and drove (not mine) those years ago.

Hmmm, I wonder how much that bad boy cost.

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
My friend recently bought a Ford F250 Tremor with a diesel engine. He was driving it on a business trip instead of his Volvo X90. He said it was a lot more comfortable.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
THAT is impressive.

Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
I concur, I drove a 2004 f150 up until 2019 when I traded it in for a 2018 f250 Fx4 and the f250 to me is a better ride. 1000 ft lbs. of torque from the powerstroke is a wonderful thing.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post