SIGforum
Rode is a NICE truck the other day..

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4170024705

March 15, 2024, 09:16 PM
wrightd
Rode is a NICE truck the other day..
I rode in a VERY nice truck the other day. It was a new model F250 Turbo Diesel with factory 20 in wheels and towing package. Not only was it quiet for a diesel, when you get on it it felt like a fast gasoline vehicle, the turbocharger did not take any time at all to spin up, it seemed instantaneous. And the interior was outstanding, so I'm sure it was a custom order package. Interesting that the ride was smoother than my factory F150, and I run Michelins.

So my recommendation is, if you like trucks and can afford it, think about that. For myself I do like it, but I don't have the horsepower to float that boat. And if you live in a local tax area that kills you on personal vehicle property taxes, you have that headache to deal with. But if you love driving, and you love trucks, I think this would be as good as you could get.

I know you guys have some superb wheels, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this truck in particular.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
March 15, 2024, 09:29 PM
vthoky
I got to ride in my boss' F250 this week. It's a gasser, not a diesel, but it's still a really nice truck. My brother's got the diesel in a 2015. I've driven it. I liked it a lot.

I don't need a 250, but some days I wish I did. Nice trucks, for sure.

God bless America.
March 15, 2024, 09:47 PM
P250UA5
My mom is on her 3rd or 4th SRW 350. I think the current one is a 17 Platinum, really nice truck & pulled their triple axle 41ft toy hauler no problem.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 16, 2024, 06:58 AM
smlsig
I have a 2016 F-350 CC, SRW diesel that I bought at the end of the year for just over 50K. It has 90,000 miles on it now and given the price for new ones I can sell it now for what I paid for it…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
March 16, 2024, 11:35 PM
wrightd
It seems to me that the comfort level of Ford Diesel trucks in the higher trim packages have come a long way. The last one I rode in (and drove), was about 15 years ago, and IT was also a nice truck. But, this new one I rode in last week was out of the park compared to the previous generation I rode and drove (not mine) those years ago.

Hmmm, I wonder how much that bad boy cost.

March 17, 2024, 08:30 AM
Suppressed
My friend recently bought a Ford F250 Tremor with a diesel engine. He was driving it on a business trip instead of his Volvo X90. He said it was a lot more comfortable.
March 19, 2024, 04:52 PM
wrightd
THAT is impressive.

March 19, 2024, 05:46 PM
hooch
I concur, I drove a 2004 f150 up until 2019 when I traded it in for a 2018 f250 Fx4 and the f250 to me is a better ride. 1000 ft lbs. of torque from the powerstroke is a wonderful thing.