SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Marine, former student, breaks up fight on HS campus
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marine, former student, breaks up fight on HS campus Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I got no problem with what he did.

That said; holy crap that was a huge hit! Also a huge risk, the hit had a better chance of injuring one of the kids than the slap-fight they were involved in...

Um, yeah …

My neck hurts and I was just watching an Internet video.

Just think, If those two never got into a fight in the first place, they wouldn’t have been tackled. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8358 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
As a teacher I broke up a fight in school once. Big guy was the aggressor, little guy kept saying he was on probation and would go to jail if he fought. I got between them. Turned to the little guy and told him to scoot. He did. Turned around and the big guy had his fist up and was coming at me. My mask slipped. He saw a full grown male that was looking forward to beating the crap out of him. I blocked him with my forearm and pushed. That stopped the fight.
Then all hell broke loose. I’d touched a student. Good news was the whole thing was caught on a security camera and the superintendent was a reasonable man. “Teacher stopped a fight. He didn’t hit a student.” That ended the issue, mostly.
I got sent to three nights of “deescalation training.” It was touchy feely to talk someone down. I asked what to do if one came on two students fighting? “You call security and reported it.” “So if one student is severely beating another, you just go in your room and call security.” “Yes.”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although, the manner in which he did (could) have been improved,

Yeah, um, you're supposed to put the motherfucker on his face, and use the your heel to stomp the base of his skull in.
It's in the manual.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to put in front of that little shit? Where the hell was he during this fight? Probably on the sidelines cheering them on.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally spouted by Johnny Hemphill:
“It was just too excessive (of) force how he came toward the kids. “I feel like going at a kid, especially when he’s not looking, makes more of an impact.”

Um, sorry, Johnny. When the "kids" are already into a fight, they'd both better be expecting to get hit, even if it's not from where they expect it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13514 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
That ignorant kid in the video saying you should get between people fighting has clearly never broke up a fight. Roll Eyes

Sorry kid, you're just young and stupid.

No, indoctrinated to do nothing and complain about those who do....

Exactly. Lots of those around.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post