SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    4Runner owners looking at some possible upgrades to a 2018
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4Runner owners looking at some possible upgrades to a 2018 Login/Join 
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
For roof racks, Look at Prinsu. I put one on my Tacoma and think it loo0ks great.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard great things about Gobi racks. I ordered one last August but it still hasn’t came.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Westcott makes some nice accessories lifts to racks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Bonfire,

The install was beyond easy with the map light. They send detailed instructions that are easy to follow with how you install their led board. The only thing you'll need is double sided tape that is for outdoor or heavy duty (want it to be thicker). Basically one you get the overhead console off, everything is just plug and play and did at my work bench. If you get one that will switch between red and white then you'll need to drill two holes. Just light up where on the lens for the posts, mark with a sharpie and drill. The caps on the buttons will go on after you install the board, so it only needs to be wide enough for the posts to fit.

If you don't have a set of trim removal tools I highly recommend a set off of Amazon (think mine was around 15 or so). Made getting around the posts easier when taking the console on and off. If you get one you can email me. I have no problem walking you through it (maybe a 15 minute job plus gathering of tools to do from start to finish). Only thing is you have to check before you finish the install to make sure it lights up (just like with the bulbs you did for polarity).

OP,

Should have added, the 4runner is good to about 2.5 inches with the factory upper control arms. Anymore than that and alignment becomes a bitch and will probably not even be possible. Anything higher and expect new uca's.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I was originally looking at the OME lift with the control arms, I assumed they were the upper.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It kind of depends on your use of the vehicle. Is it your only vehicle and you use it as a daily driver or is it more of a weekend fun vehicle.

If it’s a daily driver I would stick with mostly cosmetic upgrades. If it’s a weekend toy then I would do a lift and bigger tires. If you put bigger tires on it you will definitely think it’s anemic since you already kinda feel that way. Stick to the TRD Magnuson unit because they already have good tunes available and it’s a much better supercharger for low end torque which is what you need in a heavy vehicle with big tires.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3921 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
I was originally looking at the OME lift with the control arms, I assumed they were the upper.

They will be uca's if coming with the lift kit. My previous comment of anything over 2.5 inches is if the lift doesn't come with new uca's then expect to be buying them to get an alignment done.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post