SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Republican National Convention
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republican National Convention Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
Republican National Convention

Anyone here planning on going to Milwaukee?
The convention is scheduled for July 15-18 in Milwaukee at Fiserv Forum.

I was a college volunteer in Dallas, 1984. 40 years later... it looks like I will likely be a delegate or an alternate...

President Reagan's Acceptance Speech at the Republican National Convention, August 23, 1984

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24128 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I worked at the RNC and they sent me to the '96 convention in San Diego. One of the best experiences of my life. Will never forget it. Of course, Republicans then were (still) happy to lose. But I was literally the lowest man on the totem pole and was just happy to be there, rub elbows with everyone, see CA for the first time and eat and drink like a Viking, while getting paid for it.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Matt, be sure to take the chance if you get it. As you know, I was an alternate for Cruz from Hawaii in Cleveland in 2016. Our delegate gave my wife and me lots of opportunity to use his floor pass to get on the floor and raise a ruckus for Trump. Because of the colorful red aloha shirts, we got national TV coverage. Anyway, it was a unique opportunity.

OTOH I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Chicago this summer where we expect a repeat of the '68 convention fiasco.

Posts: 18070 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Recreate 68 in Denver was what spurred my, and my wife's reignited interest in firearms. She was a Denver Safety employee and was expected to show whatever the circumstance.

2008 kick started me

Posts: 4020 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Would “Liberate America “ and “Down with the Uniparty” shirts be allowed? Big Grin

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Only for alternates.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24128 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Would “Liberate America “ and “Down with the Uniparty” shirts be allowed? Big Grin

After you explained to them what "uniparty" means, I think they'd probably ask you to leave.

Posts: 7269 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't go near either convention this year. There are going to be way too many protesters and agitators, who will riot. Neither city has the spine to allow the police to do their jobs either.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Springfield, MO is about as far as I'm planning on going.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15721 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Springfield, MO is about as far as I'm planning on going.

I will see you there...
May the 4th be with you!

-rduckwor