Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 15.4 Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Updated two phones and two iPads all are running fine. It's a critical update, but also brings a lot of new features, many I'll never use, but they are there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/k...ers/?sh=5f289add1f27

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Did you setup your Mask Face ID Roll Eyes

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a critical update, but also brings a lot of new features, many I'll never use, but they are there.

So... does that mean I should do it?
Currently on 15.0

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
It's a critical update, but also brings a lot of new features, many I'll never use, but they are there.

So... does that mean I should do it?
Currently on 15.0

Forbes' take (linked in OP)

quote:
Apple’s iOS 15.4 upgrade has been released, along with a bunch of brilliant new iPhone features. But iOS 15.4 also comes with a warning to update now, because it fixes a whopping 39 security issues, some of which are serious.

As always, backup your phone first.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Now they release this? would have been useful for the past two years.

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Nope, I only wear a mask when it's absolutely required, which these days is only doctor's offices and hospitals. Crazy, they only require a thin cloth mask which we now know does absolutely nothing.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I never liked the idea of face ID, so I never set it up.

Doing the update now on 2 phones.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I would not be in a real rush to upgrade to this one right now:

iPhone users say Apple's new iOS 15.4 update is RUINING their battery life - with reports of charge draining within a few hours

I've not seen that. Updated late last night, and started this AM at 100%, did a bit amount of screen time and two, 10 minute~ phone calls and I'm still at 100%. I usually end the day at 75-80% so we'll see this evening.

-D.H. Lawrence

posted Hide Post
Not really seeing any battery life issues yet either, but I only installed yesterday evening.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
No issues to report as well.. battery is about the same.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

iPhone users say Apple's new iOS 15.4 update is RUINING their battery life - with reports of charge draining within a few hours

Damn! Wish you had posted that 2 minutes ago. Well, we'll see how it goes after my phone is done updating.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The Covid update …

quote:
Face ID
Face ID while wearing a mask option on iPhone 12 and newer

Apple Pay and password autofill in apps and Safari can be used with Face ID while wearing a mask

Emoji
New emoji including faces, hand gestures, and household objects are now available in emoji

keyboard
Handshake emoji allows you to choose separate skin tones for each hand

FaceTime
SharePlay sessions can be initiated directly from supported apps

Siri
Siri can provide time and date information while offline on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 or newer

Siri now includes an additional voice, expanding the diversity of options

Vaccine cards

EU Digital COVID Certificate support in Health enables you to download and store verifiable versions of COVID-19 vaccination, lab results, and recovery records

COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certificate format

This release also includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
Safari webpage translation adds support for Italian and Chinese (Traditional)
Podcasts app adds episode filters for seasons, played, unplayed, saved, or downloaded episodes
iCloud custom email domains can be managed from Settings
News offers enhanced discovery of audio content in the Today feed and Audio tab
Camera in keyboard can be used to add text to Notes and Reminders
Shortcuts now supports adding, removing, or querying tags with Reminders
Emergency SOS settings have changed to use Call with Hold for all users. Call with 5 Presses is still available as an option in Emergency SOS settings
Close-up in Magnifier uses the ultra-wide camera on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max to help you see small objects
Saved passwords can now include your own notes in Settings

This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
Keyboard may insert period between typed numbers
News widgets in Today View may not open articles when tapped
Photos and videos may not sync to iCloud Photo Library
Speak Screen Accessibility feature may quit unexpectedly within the Books app
Live Listen may not turn off when switched off in Control Center

Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

The article also says it might be normal...

"Adrian Kingsley-Hughes, a researcher at ZDNet, explained: 'Installing a new OS on an iPhone triggers a lot of stuff to go on in the background, from indexing to recalibrating the battery, and this can go on for hours or even days.

'Not only does this consume power, but the battery recalibration can give the impression that the battery is draining more rapidly when in fact it isn't."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

Damn! Wish you had posted that 2 minutes ago. Well, we'll see how it goes after my phone is done updating.

It happens to a degree after every update. Way to early to worry about it.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
No, I am not disabling my ad blocker to read an article on Forbes.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Who take 'tech advice' from Forbes anyway...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Who take 'tech advice' from Forbes anyway...

IDK, seemed like good info, much like I got from other sources. So if you're an Apple user and don't want to update because Forbes is posting info, take a nap and let the world go by. No OS platform is immune to vulnerabilities these days. Apple is no exception but in the scheme of things they are the most careful and responsive. I know there's Apple haters, and yeah their politics are questionable at times... but really. They are trying to provide a secure platform. Disregard their warnings and solder forward if that's your thing.

-D.H. Lawrence

posted Hide Post
Update done. Again. No problems so far.
Hey, Apple? If you are going to push an update every week or so, how about speeding things up a bit. Seems to take forever to install.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Hey, Apple? If you are going to push an update every week or so...

Apple has only had 4 iOS updates this year.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3965 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post