SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good riddance, Bernie Madoff - 82 years too late
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good riddance, Bernie Madoff - 82 years too late Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a mortgage underwriter. A few years ago my boss sends me a file and says pre qualify this file. I start looking through it and see that all the client statements millions in taxable and IRA accounts are at Madoff. This is days after the story broke. I’m like whoops and call my boss she calls the client and comes back out of the office and says yeah he’s ruined. Never followed up to see if he got any money from the investigation but I’m sure it was pennies on the dollar if any.

Point is I see bank and brokerage statements form just about every firm you have heard of. Legit statements have a look that are clean and professional. the madoff statements looked like they were done on a 1986 dot matrix printer and looked just hinky to me. Felt sorry for the client who was ruined but. F That thief. He can rot in hell.

Wasn’t there at least several people who alerted the feds years earlier to say what he was doing just wasn’t mathematically possible and his returns were too perfect ? Imagine how much money could have been saved among thousands of families. But the SEC going after Martha Stewart for a stock tip.

Posts: 4776 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Alpha
Mike
Foxtrot

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Burn scum-fuck.

Still listed as an inmate. www.bop.gov

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:

Wasn’t there at least several people who alerted the feds years earlier to say what he was doing just wasn’t mathematically possible and his returns were too perfect ?

JP Morgan was one of them, I believe. "If it is to good to be true, it probably is."

Over the years I've had a couple of friends that tried to get me to invest money with them. Always made up an excuse why I couldn't. I've always felt safe at Schwab.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

the SEC going after Martha Stewart
I loved her origami tip, on how to make a party hat out of a federal warrant.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Didnt Kevin Bacon and his old lady get hit by Bernie?

I felt bad when I first read that, but since he has come out as a full libtard strangely I dont feel so bad for him anymore.

HK Ag

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

I felt bad when I first read that, but since he has come out as a full libtard strangely I dont feel so bad for him anymore.

HK Ag

Yeah, he was incredibly greedy and lost a ton of money.

https://meaww.com/kyra-sedgwic...d%20%24100%20million.

Among those who lost millions in Madoff's Ponzi scheme, dubbed the biggest in US history, were married actor-couple Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick. Although the actor claimed he just had sex to get over it, the estimated loss incurred by them came around to a solid $100 million.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Bernie is the scum of the Earth. I hope that cocksucker is getting bent over by the old Devil himself right now. The stress and hard times he caused to thousands of families is unfathomable.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wasn’t there at least several people who alerted the feds years earlier to say what he was doing just wasn’t mathematically possible and his returns were too perfect ?

One of them was Harry Markopolos.

I'm not a financial guy, but read his book 'No One Would Listen'. It was fascinating. If I recall, he reported Madoff to the SEC two or three times, backing up his complaints with documentation showing it was impossible to get the returns Madoff was claiming.

The SEC visited Madoff, but each time he dazzled them with his bull and they closed their investigation.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6417 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
He made off with billions

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that Bernie tried for an early prison release because of his health, and it was denied!!! Gotta love it!!

Posts: 6625 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
One of my clients lost 65 million to Madoff, his
McMansion on the ocean soon sold. Never heard any
more from him.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

Here's a little story 'bout Kevin Bacon
He had a bunch of money but he got taken
He got a bunch of lawyers and he tried to sue
But Bernie looked at him and said, "Hey, fuck you!"
(from the song "Gunfight" by Sick Puppies)

When you think about it, the most evil men in history didn't wear shabby clothes. They wore fine suits and spiffy uniforms.

Posts: 27973 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post