SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks' Chairman Howard Schultz said the world is “questioning the moral leadership of America” and he urged the public to reject nationalism.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Starbucks' Chairman Howard Schultz said the world is “questioning the moral leadership of America” and he urged the public to reject nationalism. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
It's only coffee. Might be the sacrement of liberal millennials but it's not essential for life.

Is there a direct correlation between the # of coffee shops and the degree of liberal extremism? There's a coffee stand in every building a work.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
When the hipsters start getting 'crabs' after some homeless geek dropped them, perhaps their coffee needs will be met elsewhere...

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
14 hour drive. Desperate for coffee. Perfect opportunity to not buy Starbucks. Happily paid for random gas station coffee. And CFA coffee during a lunch stop. I don’t buy Starbucks anyway; over priced tasteless water. But I consciously bought any caffeinated beverage other than Starbucks.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12724 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Fuck countries but our coffee is different and better, is that how that works?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8349 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I don’t buy Starbucks anyway; over priced tasteless water.

Agreed.

I go to Starbucks once every couple years or so, after someone who's trying to be nice gets me a Starbucks gift card "because they know I like coffee".

I spend the gift card, then go back to my local shops.

In those cases, Starbucks is just a delivery mechanism for free caffeine.

Posts: 32517 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I regularly drank his swill so I could give it up to make a point. But I haven’t had any in 10 years or so. I guess the best I can do is continue my “boycott”.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
There a McD right across the street from Starbucks near me. I think I'll bring a large coffee and Big Mac and eat it inside Starbucks just to irk them.

What are they gonna do? Call the cops on me? Razz

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Nah, the coffee isn't tasteless... it tastes of burnt beans (overroasting is the best way to disguise the fact you're using inferior beans while charging premium prices for them).

Perhaps instead they should address the societal ills of obesity and diabetes that they're directly contributing to with their glucose bomb "coffee" drinks.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
There a McD right across the street from Starbucks near me. I think I'll bring a large coffee and Big Mac and eat it inside Starbucks just to irk them.

What are they gonna do? Call the cops on me? Razz

Just tell them you came to use the restroom. You will be welcomed with open arms. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Perhaps instead they should address the societal ills of obesity and diabetes that they're directly contributing to with their glucose bomb "coffee" drinks.

That would be an AWESOME idea. I can't even begin to imagine the sugars loaded into some of those "coffee" drinks...I'm sure it's at least a week's worth in some.

I'm actually a rare weirdo that enjoys a Starbuck's Dark Roast once a day, but drink it ONLY when I'm on a trip. Given their recent SJW bullshit though, I might have to forego Starbuck's and frequent Pete's Coffee in IAH or just the local brew when I'm at an outstation somewhere. If there's a Dunkin to be found, that'll fit the bill juuuuuust fine.

So in summary, SCREW Mr. Schultz and his BS social views with Lucille and may he be blamed DIRECTLY for his company losing $$MILLION$$. For those not in the know...this is Lucille:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I'm actually a rare weirdo that enjoys a Starbuck's Dark Roast once a day, but drink it ONLY when I'm on a trip. Given their recent SJW bullshit though, I might have to forego Starbuck's and frequent Pete's Coffee in IAH or just the local brew when I'm at an outstation somewhere. If there's a Dunkin to be found, that'll fit the bill juuuuuust fine.

Or, you can just drop by the IAH clinic. Tell them Dr. Q invited you down for a freshly brewed cup of coffee. Nothing fancy, just Folgers, but it's free. In fact, I'm at IAH right now. Smile

Q

Posts: 26410 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Heheheh...HILARIOUS!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Not a Starbucks fan and never go there. I always considered them a "coffee drink" company - their primary reason for brewing coffee is to have it to make all their flavored beverages. The straight coffee has a nasty burnt flavor to it; I love coffee, but I don't like theirs.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Back when my oldest son was maybe five, I took him to an exotic pet shop. Snakes, spiders, all sorts of bugs. Very cool.

My son had to use the bathroom. I was told it was for customers only. I didn't complain, but I recall being upset that they denied a 5y/o a bathroom to take a pee. Instead of taking him out in the parking lot to urinate, I should have complained my civil rights were being violated.

BATHROOMS FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY. This is not a modern concept, and it has nothing to do with race, sexuality, religious beliefs, or whatever you want to throw at it. It's a business model that owners literally don't want to have to clean up "shit", for people that don't pay for their product.

I'm starting to feel excited I'll be dead in 50 years...

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
It would be nice if enough people said "Fuck them" and we saw Starbucks turn into another Kmart.
But yuppies (and those who wish they were) gotta have their cocaine drinks.

The stovetop espresso I make every morning makes Starbunks coffee seem like dishwater. And it works out to well under $1 a cup.

Stay out of politics, and just make coffee drinks...the yuppie vermin looking to be in on your social phenomenon will still come rent it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15588 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
While I drink pallet loads of coffee, I've always thought Starbucks coffee tasted bitter and burnt, but figured my palate was too unsophisticated to appreciate its rich palette of flavors.

I'm glad to know that I stand in good company with many of my fellow deplorables.

I'm off to pick up a cup of McDonald's finest.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
While I drink pallet loads of coffee, I've always thought Starbucks coffee tasted bitter and burnt, but figured my palate was too unsophisticated to appreciate its rich palette of flavors.

I'm glad to know that I stand in good company with many of my fellow deplorables.

I'm off to pick up a cup of McDonald's finest.

Coffee is one thing McDonalds does quite well; they are surprisingly good grounds, and never sits around aging.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15588 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
a company that would demonstrate that not every decision is an economic one

I think the share holders would have an issue with this.

Politically offensive
Picture of WarEagle
posted Hide Post
These self important business CEOs who think their crap doesn't stink and believe they have the moral high ground to tell the proletariat what they should think should STFU. I've had enough of these multi-million dollar assholes who wouldn't be in the position they are in if it wasn't for the customers (aka: proletariat) who buy their products. Stop trying to be George Soros and get to work!

BTW, Black Rifle has much better coffee than Starbucks. I would be a regular at a BRCC coffee shop.

Regards, WarEagle
NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 2341 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: October 05, 2005Report This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Sent them an email outlining their progressive-pussyness and general liberal bias. Received a canned email back within 15 seconds and a request to take their survey. Fuck them. The coffee is poor and over priced.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Report This Post