SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Affirmative action is racist - Change My Mind
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Affirmative action is racist - Change My Mind Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
This poor girl can't answer whether she deserves to be at her school. It's sad that she doesn't have the confidence to say I earned my spot in this university with MY work. Top of her class, she earned it, but the white or Asian kid sitting next to her in class may not think she earned because of affirmative action. I like how he draws parallels to welfare and how it cripples rather than empowers.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/UfEk8UJIwTc

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20832 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Appears to me everything that "White America" thinks is Racist, damned if you do OR damned if you don't...

Posts: 468 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Who is Les Jesus, and why is he keeping the brother down?

And Affirmative Action created White Privilege.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43911 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Affirmative action is most certainly racist; personally I would want to be advanced based on my knowledge, training, and experience rather than belonging to a particular demographic.

I worked with a black guy that the agency tried to groom for that reason alone. He basically told them he was insulted by the whole prospect and to pound sand.

Applications of any kind should have no personal data of any kind (barring only male or only female appropriate employment). Each applicant should be assigned a number and their qualifications should be the determining factors. It will never happen, because the racists would never sit still for it. The REAL racists that is...the ones for affirmative action.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15607 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Affirmative action is most certainly racist; personally I would want to be advanced based on my knowledge, training, and experience rather than belonging to a particular demographic.

Yes, it is racist; "the soft bigotry of low expectations".

quote:
I worked with a black guy that the agency tried to groom for that reason alone. He basically told them he was insulted by the whole prospect and to pound sand.

Good for him!
Blacks will only be treated equally when they demand to actually be treated equally.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good for him!
Blacks will only be treated equally when they demand to actually be treated equally.

Hard to ween someone off being a privileged class or handouts.

It starts with people standing up and saying I don't need your pity, I can do whatever I want on my own.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20832 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Good for him!

Hard to ween someone off being a privileged class or handouts.

It starts with people standing up and saying I don't need your pity, I can do whatever I want on my own.

Wait...
But, but, but....
You're saying "No more free shit"?

I want my free shit!
I love my free shit!
I NEED MY FREE SHIT!!!!!!

Ya'll racist for saying I can get my free shit!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Justice Thomas hates affirmative action. He thinks it casts doubt on every thing a beneficiary of a preference does. He wants true color blind policies. Affirmative action perpetuates racism.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Affirmative Action is the opposite

Posts: 12707 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Helping people meet low expectations. Does the exact opposite of what it is intended to do (intended by misguided people).

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If racial discrimination or preference is wrong, it’s always wrong. Those claim the pendulum needs to swing, don’t recognize there is no pendulum.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post