SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The culmination of over a years work - personal record bicycle ride today.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The culmination of over a years work - personal record bicycle ride today. Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I am simply awestruck. You’re a warrior!

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Looking good sir ! My motivation to drop some weight was chatting with you during our bbq gathering a month or so ago.

You and I texting recently got me pushed up to a gear and after reading this thread, and page 23 of your earlier post, I am now in high gear motivated.

I have downloaded the Lost It ! app and pulled out our digital kitchen scale. My wife and I are chatting meal menus this morning. Now time to get off my ass and exercise !

Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
GREAT JOB, Boss!!!

I remember my first Metric Century ride. I was unable to hook up with any other pack, so I pretty much did the last half of the ride on my own. Finished right at the 3-hour mark. I was VERY pleased with myself. Smile What's AMAZING is that the Century 100-milers came blazing in about 5 minutes after me. They were in a large pack, but it was unfathomable to me that they averaged 33+ MPH!!! Eek Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Brother I am so impressed with you, congrats on your journey!

I ride my Peloton more than ever because of your inspiration…time to up my game even more now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12350 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I bet a year ago you didn't think you be an inspiration. You've done an amazing job and should be very very proud

Posts: 3470 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome, I struggle just to get my 60 miles a week. I do Zwift and IRL. That is a great accomplishment!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3697 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the whole process..

Posts: 23590 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Congrats on improving that power to weight ratio. Rides like yours remind me while they call it second time fun. Have a great summer.

I'll never pull a trailer again, that's for darn sure.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Well done sir. Gittin some

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6986 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
You have a right to be proud. great accomplishment. Great choice on the Salsa.

Also you might want to treat yourself to a newer helmet with more vents

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, heck of a ride. I've come to love Smith helmets. Saved my ass a couple of years ago. Helmets are not all created equal.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post