SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Siemens Gamesa, a global "green energy" company, lost nearly a BILLION DOLLARS!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siemens Gamesa, a global "green energy" company, lost nearly a BILLION DOLLARS! Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
IN THREE BLEEDIN' MONTHS!!

quote:
Foxnews.com

Global green energy company Siemens Gamesa reported Thursday that it had lost a staggering $967 million during the three-month period from between October to December.

The Germany-based company, which dubs itself as "the global leader in offshore power generation," noted the wind industry has faced various unfavorable pressures leading to negative growth in recent months and years, in its earnings report for the first quarter of fiscal year 2023 released Thursday morning. The company added that governments would need to further assist the industry to ensure future positive growth.

"The negative development in our service business underscores that we have much work ahead of us to stabilize our business and return to profitability," Siemens Gamesa CEO Jochen Eickholt said in a statement.

ROSAL

I guess wind ain't the balm for Europe's energy anus after the ramming Boris gave 'em on gas.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
The company added that governments would need to further assist the industry to ensure future positive growth.
FOAD? Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6219 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see their balance sheet instead of taking a news articles word, but have no idea how to see a German companies financial reportings and can't read German. Lots of accounting games can be played to show a loss of a billion.

Offshore ain't for the faint of heart. It's real easy to spend a billion on procurement and fabrication and not even set sail with your equipment yet. Once you set sail, burn rates (aka cash outlays) can be tens of thousands a dollars an hour, and one storm can eat millions of dollars with nothing to show for it. It's worth it if there is an enormous proven oil or gas reservoir out there, but spending that kind of money and needing gov't handouts or regulations changes is a business model I couldn't stomach.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Even so, every blow to woke corporate culture is a welcome thing.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
8 year backlog due to $472M in faulty components is pretty telling of their financial woes:
quote:
Siemens Gamesa Needs Time to Fix Fleet Component Failures, CEO Says
Published: Jan. 20, 2023 at 4:58 a.m. ET

y Giulia Petroni

Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA said Friday that it will take time to work through component failures of the company's installed fleet, but expects the long-term industry outlook to improve.

On an analyst call, Chief Executive Jochen Eickholt said failures are affecting components of different turbine platforms onshore and offshore, which could take up to eight years to work through. During this time, warranty claims are expected to have a negative impact on cash flow, in the mid-double-digit million range in the current fiscal year, he said.

Late Thursday, the Spanish wind-turbine maker reported a loss before interest and taxes of EUR760 million for the fiscal first quarter, saying it booked charges of EUR472 million due to faulty components that led to higher warranty and service maintenance costs.

blah, blah, blah...

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I just watched this earlier today. Not offshore but land based green energy not doing as well as they would have us believe. More and more we have to go to foreign news sources to get even an inkling of the truth.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8535 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of the problem is getting permits.

The greens' hypocrisy is strong.

You can build it just not in my backyard.

The rich politically connected killed wind farms of Nantucket MA.

They have been trying to get it for at least 15 years.

I heard they finally gave up.

It the same most places, I love wind turbines just not near me.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post