SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 Red River Showdown: Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Red River Showdown: Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I don't have a dog in the fight, but other than the recent outcomes it's always a fun weekend in Texas.

Part of the fun is the rivalry and the resulting memes on social media. As an example:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Good game so far. I'm glad I don't have to watch Alabama.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boomer Sooner!

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yup, it is a good game so far.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
OU weekend!

One reason I probably would never be on the Supreme Court.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Saw a sign on college game day that said...."If there are three OU players in a car, who's driving? The Police." Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Texas is playing better than I expected! Hope they keep it up.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
OU weekend!

One reason I probably would never be on the Supreme Court.
In August, I was on a business trip to a remote oil patch and caught up with one of the guys from the house who had moved there after college. His in-laws happened to walk-in and he introduced me as one of the reasons he could never run for office. Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wow! Sooners down 14. First down for Texas pretty well locks it. Texas qb changes play and has to throw the ball away.

Oklahoma gets ball in good field position after shanked punt. Murray, QB keeper for 6.

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sooners not looking so hot until recently...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Tied. Still 2:38 left. Texas to receive the ensuing kickoff

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
What a crazy 4th quarter!

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Wow what a come back!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4842 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Nobody has ever accused the Sooners of quitting.

Jeepers.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
We got a barn-burner here. Can't see the TV; wife is dancing in front and screaming "BOOMER SOONER"!

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
UT kicker has a lot on his shoulders!

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else watching the game on Directv? Three times now at pivotal moments the broadcast just freezes for a long time and when it starts back you missed everything that happened! Mad Froze at the two minute mark and now at the 9 second mark!

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nah, mine worked fine.

Sooners get gunned down by Tehas.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many heart attacks that game caused? Big Grin

Hell of a game for the Longhorns.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hook 'em! Light the tower!

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post