SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electricians - how would you run / power these wall sconces? UPDATE: PAGE 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electricians - how would you run / power these wall sconces? UPDATE: PAGE 2 Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
Before you do anything else, mock those up in position & use a flashlight or something to give finished appearance. Turn other lights off/on. Have the boss inspect it.
I think the idea will be different than the reality.

Yeah... The wife's getting what she thinks she wants, but it's not going to turn out to be what she actually wants.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Switch out those two cans for gambrel mounted wall washers and aim them at your shelves.

Those sconces over the shelves is going to look ridiculous.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm also voting no on the whole thing. I see ZERO point in such a downward direction only light right above a shelf. Those are the type of fixtures you'd put on a wall at least at head level or above, perhaps on either side of an entry door.

Mock up first!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
The lights were delivered today and I got them all wired up / mounted and loaded with some Wi-Fi bulbs. Relatively simple install. My wife really loves the way it turned out and I’ve gotta say that I’m a big fan too … looks better than I thought it would IMO.

Also, I’m highly impressed with the Wi-Fi bulbs — the app is great and the scheduler is very configurable (I have them coming on daily and having the brightness adjusted multiple times per day before ultimately turning off at midnight).

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you like them that's all that matters .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post