SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you have not purchased donuts in four and a half years ,prepare yourself.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you have not purchased donuts in four and a half years ,prepare yourself. Login/Join 
posted
No longer $11.00 per dozen
Now
$24.00 per dozen Eek

I gifted six , instead of 12 today.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Had to check.... locally a Dz Glazed at Krispy Kreme $16.89, assorted $19.59

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Walmart donuts are still pretty cheap, and quite good. Selection is limited, but if you like glazed they are not bad. I’ll never buy boutique donuts again if I can avoid it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15591 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of dough! I got a "free doughnut" from the Safeway Just For You program, inedible.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
When I was in HS, I generally walked to school. Strategically placed was a bakery and a McDonalds. On the way, I would buy a couple of donuts for $0.06 each. But then, gas was $0.19 per gallon.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dunkin about $12 dozen plus tax

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walmart donuts are still pretty cheap, and quite good. Selection is limited,

Tried to purchase them Wal Mart glazed, twice.

None available

"You gave to get here early"

Is what they told me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Posts: 54651 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to not have purchased a donut(s) in the last four years? Life is too short for a donut free life.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Last dozen donuts I purchased were $6 a dozen. That was a “few” years ago. I’m pretty sure I would walk out if the price was $15+ a dozen.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Look for the discounted deals at Walmart, yellow tag. No, 45 cents off isn’t enough, I want to see a 60% discount.

Instead of bringing them fresh donuts, take that 2 day old carrot cake.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad. It has been years since I purchased donuts. Where I grew up in Chicago there were small Polish bakeries that had really tasty donuts. The large outlets do not even compare.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Is it possible to not have purchased a donut(s) in the last four years? Life is too short for a donut free life.

According to a couple of doctors
My life was about to get extremely short very fast.

I was on the brink of liver failure from my obesity.
Since then ( 6/2/2022)
I've lost
69 lbs.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well that explains why the church has been cutting the donuts in half for the after service fellowship.

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
quote:

According to a couple of doctors
My life was about to get extremely short very fast.

I was on the brink of liver failure from my obesity.
Since then ( 6/2/2022)
I've lost
69 lbs.

Congratulations on the weight loss, was your Blood Sugar high too? If so talk to the Emm Dee about Ozempic, one of it's side effects is weight loss.

So much so that the hoity-toity's of TeeVee fame aka acting, are buying it for the weight loss even though they have no sugar issues. Making a shortage of the drug....

As for cutting calories and sugar, I just eat the donut holes...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
$14.94 for a dozen glazed from my local Shipley's.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I haven't purchased a donut in around 50 years or so.

I have eaten a few dozen, though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My first job was at a Dunkin Donuts that was about a 1/4 mile from my house. I worked there in 8th - 10th grade, 1986 - 1989 time frame.

Dozen dunkin dounts was $2.89 at that time!

Posts: 5763 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Congratulations on the weight loss, was your Blood Sugar high too?"

Nope a 1 c were fine, just fine

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
We had family visit from out of town so I bought a dozen assorted Dunkin’ Donuts and was shocked at the price.

Good thing I rarely buy donuts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It's everything, was at the cheap grocery store last week, wanted something quick and easy. Frozen pizza that wasn't store brand was prices $6-12 each. On average they were 30-40% higher than a year or two ago depending on brand and type.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post