SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you remember when cars had (I do)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you remember when cars had (I do) Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
6 volt batteries.

Ash trays.

Cigarette lighters

Vent windows.

Generators.

Tube tires.

Tube radios.

Radio ariels.

Running boards.

Chrome bumpers.

Rear fins.

Analog radio dials.

Choke knobs.

Overdrive levers.

Column shifters.

Starter pedal on the floorboard.

Hand crank windows.

Carburators.

No seatbelts.

External sun visors.

Stash areas behind the rear seat.

Oil bath air cleaners.

Non adjustable seats.

Flathead engines.

White sidewall tires.

Portawalls.

Rumbleseats.

External gas caps.

So how old are you?

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
You forgot curb feelers.

Posts: 32549 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I knew what all of them were except portawalls, had to look it up. Some of these are before my time

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What about the dimmer switch on the floorboard?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30427 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm 43 - I remember tape players. And the of course CD players, and 5 disc changers. .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
You forgot curb feelers.

Yes I did.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Fancy Cadillac had auto dimmer on dash.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10911 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of my vehicles still have most of those things.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
A few of those, but not all. I started noticing cars in the '70s

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Positive grounds on some

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
All the above and.....Castiron hemi, Push button Powerflight trans (dash lever in 1955), heel and toe trans, Columbia rearends, exhaust heat source for cabin, Continental kit, PTO winch, left hand lug nuts, fender skirts, wishbone suspension, opening cowl vents, V12 and straight 8 motors, dual antennae, record players, rear AC units (with side scoops), ...............70

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Here is one, not on a car, ....gear driven implements on a road grader (not hydraulic)

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6321 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 50 years old, yet I knew, seen and used, worked on or been around all of them and more.

But I'm a gear head, and been around cars (vintage, classic, muscle, exotic, custom, collector cars all my life. I came home in a '64 Chevy Impala SS. I was one year old my first ride in a Street Rod.

Been going to car shows since my first birthday. I have forgotten more than most people ever know about cars....

ARman

Posts: 3156 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I actually liked that better. I also like vent windows.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Do they still have bench seats? I can't remember the last time I saw a car with bench seats.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2094 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
How many of you characters have ever driven a car with a 'Spark Advance' lever on the steering column? Now we're getting back in time.... Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Clutch

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My truck still has manual windows. I gave a kid a ride home from football practice one night and he was looking at the door for several minutes, then finally asked me how to roll the window down. Big Grin

Of course I don’t blame him for not knowing. But it was still pretty funny.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I actually liked that better. I also like vent windows.

This. And clutch pedals (manual transmission).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Analog clocks that always stopped working.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post