SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amana appliances quality?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amana appliances quality? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I know nothing about the Amana front load washer /dryer. They have good reviews online and there’s a set on sale for a decent price at Lowe’s. Anyone have experience good or bad with them? We’re limited on what we can get because our doors are fairly narrow so that also figures into it.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same as Whirlpool and Maytag. All three are made by the same company in Ohio. Other than some features and appearance they are equivalent, and a much better choice than Samsung or LG.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Samsung and LG aren’t even on the “if I can’t find anything else” list.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Whirlpool is my choice. I think they still make a budget top loader with an agitator and full load water capacity - poor man's Speed Queen.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
all I can add is we have an Amana fridge for at least 15 years. Has been perfect. Best Appliance we have ever owned. Very satisfied. Good luck.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Whirlpool is my choice. I think they still make a budget top loader with an agitator and full load water capacity - poor man's Speed Queen.

Due to space constraints, we go with stackable front load.

posted Hide Post
I do not know how Amana's quality is now, but back in 1977 my father purchased one of their Amana Radar range microwave ovens. It lasted until 2015 and would have been easily repaired if we can still order the part that went bad. We were told they stop making the part about a 10 years prior. That is my experience. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post