SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dayton 500 ready to start
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dayton 500 ready to start Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
They'll need to address the issues before Talladega in April and that's only 2 months away.

Jim

Yep, and CA is opening back up so they'll be running there next weekend, different kind of track, after they are a few races in and then all the issues will be prevalent. T

hose problems with the wheels will have to be addressed, by either NASCAR or through teams getting better with installing the wheels and central locking ring.

Not sure what can be done about the disparity in pushing from a technical standpoint, other that drivers getting used to what they can and cannot do, when, where, how hard.

It was clear Kyle Busch knows how to properly push a car to the front, as did Blaney, Kyle was also pushing a Toyota, and a Blaney was Ford on Ford. It seems that the Chevys were having issues, but not sure why or if thats really the situation but it was happening throughout the field.

I'm sure the new rear diffuser played a roll in the pushing issue. It's supposed to be set up differently for each track type. We'll see how that works out long term. The design engineers will be putting in some overtime that's for sure.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I never realized there was a big Nascar race in Dayton (Ohio).

All those years at College there, who knew?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure the new rear diffuser played a roll in the pushing issue. It's supposed to be set up differently for each track type. We'll see how that works out long term. The design engineers will be putting in some overtime that's for sure.

That could be true, although you'd think all the Daytona cars would have similar settings since they all need speed to win on a track like Daytona or Tallagdega

Maybe the Chevy's were needing a different setup to get the speed, or found more speed with a reduced downforce setting and that reduced downforce contributed to creating lift when a trailing car bumped them.

So far I"m ok with the changes, although not sure why necking down the filler for fuel is a good change.

Did like that they changed the start zone rules, now if the leader screws up, misses a shift, spins the wheels, bogs the engine, the others don't have to wait on him to gather up and go, once he's in the zone and starts it's time to go, Stewart talked about how that needed to be changed long ago.

All in all not sure if it s the new cars, new drivers, new teams, or just that it was a 75 degree sunny day in Florida with 200,000 maskless fans spending money, and watching racing

Loved the camera scenes of kids, so great to see a place where families can go and enjoy the sport..

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Ohio looks nice.
Big Grin Thread drift . . .

Now, most of us get our pre-flight briefing via the internet or an aviation app, but in the good old days we used the telephone to call a briefer at a Flight Service Station (FSS).

Back in the telephone days, I called to get a briefing for a flight to Daytona. The briefer gave me information that seemed really strange, so I finally interrupted her and asked what airport identifier she was looking at.

She replied, "DAY."

I laughed and told her that was Dayton, Ohio, and I needed information for Daytona Beach, Florida, which is DAB, not DAY.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30697 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
The fun starts at 3:20 --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8351 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post