SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Protester at NBA game taken to the paint…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protester at NBA game taken to the paint… Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
With the Timberwolves in the playoffs, there has been a group protesting home games. Maybe you heard about “glue girl” last week?

Anyway, watch this a couple of times; the reaction speed of the security guard as the protester tries to take the floor is mind blowing.

The last 2 times security was appropriately patient, with the aggressiveness that they pulled these two out last night, I think they’ve upped their game.

When you hear the announcers referencing “Taylor”, they are referring to the T-Wolves owner, Glenn Taylor.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What are they protesting?

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

It's animal rights BS because the Wolves owner owns poultry farms and had to euthanize a bunch of birds due to bird flu. My favorite part is that Taylor owns so many companies, he was probably not even aware that he owned one of those farms until these folks started protesting him.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Minnesota nice???

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yup, another one for the “Things didn’t turn out as we expected” files.
As fast as the response was, I must suspect that security had an eye on those people before it happened—which would just make their handling it all the better.

And as for what was being protested: “Yes, we’d rather that birds that were going to be killed for food anyway not be killed to prevent a highly-infectious bird-killing disease from being spread to many more birds, not to mention preventing the possible mutation of the disease to infect humans.” Roll Eyes
Just one more reason for where I am today.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47413 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Minnesota nice???

Yep!

For those of you who don't know the story behind this shirt Minnesota Wild centerman pictured on the shirt is being removed from a fight by a ref with league wide hated Evander Kane of the Edmonton Oilers. As he was being skated to the penalty box by the ref Hartman gave the finger to Kane which of course was on live tv. The League fined him $4250 for his effort.

Fans from all over the league began sending money to Hartmans Venmo account to help pay the fine including a $200 donation from Kanes ex wife! All told he collected nearly $40K which he donated to a Minnesota Childrens hospital. A feel good sports story.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8537 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having nothing to actually protest. Living in the most generous nation to have ever existed.

Posts: 107705 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
That security guard was two seats away from the female who initially ran onto the court. Talk about lack of situational awareness.

Was also wondering what the lady in heels (one black one white), was going to do if things got more aggressive with the second protester. She was definitely backing up the player.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those of you who don't know the story behind this shirt Minnesota Wild centerman pictured on the shirt is being removed from a fight by a ref with league wide hated Evander Kane of the Edmonton Oilers. As he was being skated to the penalty box by the ref Hartman gave the finger to Kane which of course was on live tv. The League fined him $4250 for his effort.
^^^^^^^^^^

Fans from all over the league began sending money to Hartmans Venmo account to help pay the fine including a $200 donation from Kanes ex wife! All told he collected nearly $40K which he donated to a Minnesota Childrens hospital. A feel good sports story.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well hockey does not count. We all accept that!

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Security and law enforcement had identified them long before running on to the court. Already had someone there who was alert and had quick reflexes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23312 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess her organization paid for the seat. I think courtside seats are about 4500 dollars.

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Security and law enforcement had identified them long before running on to the court. Already had someone there who was alert and had quick reflexes.

Play it back at 1/4 speed. Cop/security was 2 seats away and was on her feet a split second after the protester and had her in a bearhug as she crossed the sideline. Then she got dragged off the court when the help that was also already staged arrived. They also grabbed the accomplice who was filming it.

You'll notice in both cases they were careful to have female security be the first one to touch/grab the female protesters.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3456 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
He was watching her the whole time….

Video of security with ‘eyes on’ the woman…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Takedown JJ Watt style.

Posts: 22940 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Did the girl's face make that "SQUEEK" like the tennirunners do, when she hit the floor?

I think so, she did not slide, sort of stuck, like a sticky frog on glass.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that security guard. She wasn't playing. Did the stupid protester even notice that she was straight up being eyeball skull fucked by security. Below average headwork.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
He was watching her the whole time….

Posts: 5768 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

It's animal rights BS because the Wolves owner owns poultry farms and had to euthanize a bunch of birds due to bird flu. My favorite part is that Taylor owns so many companies, he was probably not even aware that he owned one of those farms until these folks started protesting him.

Happened in Memphis as well. Those animal rights protesters are a special kind of BAT SHIT CRAZY.
Woman chains herself to basket stanchion during Grizzlies vs. Timberwolves playoff game
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/...wolves-playoff-game/

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Play it back at 1/4 speed. Cop/security was 2 seats away and was on her feet a split second after the protester and had her in a bearhug as she crossed the sideline. Then she got dragged off the court when the help that was also already staged arrived. They also grabbed the accomplice who was filming it.

You'll notice in both cases they were careful to have female security be the first one to touch/grab the female protesters.

The security officer who reacted to the protester is a dude with dreadlocks or cornrows.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18026 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the NBA only cares about protests that don't affect them. I guess you can burn a city but by god don't get on our court.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post