SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another balloon is being tracked.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another balloon is being tracked..... Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
The military has determined that it poses no threat to aerial traffic or national security, but it's not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, officials said.

WTF kind of retarded statement is that?

Just how do you know it is no threat if… You don’t know what it is or who's…

Ayup. Who do they think they're kidding?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19744 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont suppose anyone would interested in what was currently docked in Pearl Harbor? Or the B-2s at Hickam?
Seems there was some other folks who were.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16158 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be ironic if what they really wanted to "sense, detect and surveil" are the F22 electronics at close distance and the seekers on our fine offensive weapons and missiles in flight.

Is THAT what Chuck is doing here Weather Balloon!!!!! Mad

We should just send up old F-4s and gun it.

Posts: 11403 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Wouldn't it be ironic if what they really wanted to "sense, detect and surveil" are the F22 electronics at close distance and the seekers on our fine offensive weapons and missiles in flight.

Is THAT what Chuck is doing here Weather Balloon!!!!! Mad

We should just send up old F-4s and gun it.

It would be hilarious to shoot the thing down with our oldest possible tech.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15653 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I am Weather Balloon!:
Hello!

His name 福建人民气球厂生产的气球 but you can call him Chuck.
Are you sure that doesn't translate to "Fauci Pillow?" I sense a certain similarity of style, and I'm pretty sure that both have a strong connection to the PRC.

Posts: 6536 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello, all my friends! Good to see you again! I am Weather Balloon! Hello!

...."We are have all your weather updates"........

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I am Weather Balloon!:

My cousin is visiting the United States, nothing to worry about! Please do not shoot at him!

Hello!

Please have your cousin squawk 1200

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38030 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Why not use an A-10 with guns? Gets real slow, gives no information to bad guys. I bet like hell our air force guys are drawing straws to see who gets to pull the trigger.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5138 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
The military has determined that it poses no threat to aerial traffic or national security, but it's not clear what it is or whom it belongs to, officials said.

WTF kind of retarded statement is that?

Just how do you know it is no threat if… You don’t know what it is or who's…

They know who it’s from.

My comment was on the militaries statement. Not on any actual facts.

They SAID "We don't know" where it is from.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4132 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:

...."We are have all your weather updates"........

All your update are belong to us.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29750 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I dont suppose anyone would interested in what was currently docked in Pearl Harbor? Or the B-2s at Hickam?
Seems there was some other folks who were.
This, maybe?
DSC_0158 by David Casteel, on Flickr

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Oh, I Am Weather Balloon, how you have been missed. Nice of you to drop by (float by?).

Posts: 12188 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, Mr. I am Weather Balloon. Did your alleged 'cousin' remember to bring all of his/her required documents this time? Proper I.D. is always mandatory with international travel and widely considered proper decorum by civilized nations; that there are the rules. Perhaps you may have forgotten, but it didn't go quite so pleasantly at the end of the visit the last time around. A rather nasty piece of business, wouldn't you say?

On the other hand, if you choose to visit Mexico as the media types are proclaiming, do keep in mind that there are some...well...shall we say, rather unsavory types...that are roaming about throughout that country. A most unpleasant experience to encounter. But between all of the Fentanyl labs and 3D printed Glock switches, perhaps you DO already know something about that. What say you, Mr. I am Weather Balloon? Do you?

-MG

Posts: 2032 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21136 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
It would be hilarious to shoot the thing down with our oldest possible tech.[/QUOTE]

Seems like poking a few small holes in it, letting it drift down slowly, and picking it up intact would be the smart thing to do.

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 414 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
It could be a very subtle way to spread a new disease in our population. They now know the general flight paths from the previous balloons

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
It could be a very subtle way to spread a new disease in our population. They now know the general flight paths from the previous balloons

Covid-23? Or maybe they'll just go straight to the nerve agents.

Posts: 7283 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:

They own many of our meat packing plants all they would have to do is lace our meat supply.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4846 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJG:

It would be hilarious to shoot the thing down with our oldest possible tech.[/QUOTE]

Seems like poking a few small holes in it, letting it drift down slowly, and picking it up intact would be the smart thing to do.[/QUOTE]Not if the "wrong people" get to the downed balloon first and have a chance to closely examine it.

Posts: 6536 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I think it’s safe to say that if we shot this thing full of holes to the point that it drifted to earth, the military would be the first ones on scene to collect it.

If I were the Chinese, I’d have the thing rigged to self destruct in the interest of “limiting danger to civilians” were it to come down prematurely. Obviously it would be to obfuscate the spy crafts true nature, but the end result would be the same. Hiding the truth.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15653 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post