SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to embed twitter posts. Update in first post.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to embed twitter posts. Update in first post. Login/Join 
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted
2023-07-30 Update:

New version released. Smile

I put together a dolled-up twit-bedder page that is a bit more mobile friendly and looks nicer to my eyes.
https://codejanitor.net/embeds/

The original page is still up and available at https://codejanitor.net/embeds/twitbedder.html

Take a look and let me know which you prefer or if you run into any issues.

Previous update from 2023-07-09.

Updated instructions:

I went ahead and cobbled together a simple page that generates the embed code for twitter.
It is an initial cut and I have tested it in a couple of browsers and from an iPhone.

It is located here: https://codejanitor.azurewebsi...beds/twitbedder.html

Simply copy the link to the twitter post you would like to share and paste it into the text box at the top.

Random URL to some twitter post as an example: https://twitter.com/CitizenFre.../1622129159622529026

Click the "Show Preview" button. If the twitter post renders properly, you got it right. (It may take a couple of seconds to render.)

Click the "Show Embed Code" button.

Finally click in the "Results" box. The background will turn black with white text and the embed code will be copied to your clipboard.

Then you should be able to simply paste the embed code into a post here.

I added the URL of the twitter post to the results box so we can navigate to the twitter post directly as well.

In the event your browser setting block twitter postings, you may see this image instead.

Results from twitter URL shown above.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFre.../1622129159622529026

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Patrick-SP2022,

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Awesome work/info there... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8759 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's excellent.

Thank you

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30283 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Thank you for figuring out this nice step in posting tweets.

For past tweets, I usually take a screenshot, whether it has a video or not. This method is much better...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16602 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Reading that I feel like Brian Regan in his UPS joke.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Testing, whats the page members can use to create imbed code for utoob? Maybe we could get this added to that page as an option...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Egads! Do you mean I have to see twitter posts now? Eugh!

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Will try it, on the 3rd or 4th time, might get it right. LOL

Posts: 2711 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Ha. At least I would expect to only see useful/pertinent posts rather than the dreck that is generally on Twitter.

The only thing I am having a little difficulty with is setting the height and width of the iframe. Those will vary based on the height and width of the original tweet-post.

Maybe you can add this as a tubinator option. Smile

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For me, the embed displays in Chrome and Brave but not in Firefox.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I only checked chrome and edge.
Haven't gotten to the beta stage yet.
I'll see what FF needs to make it happy.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
wizardry

Posts: 2711 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Brave, Chrome and Edge work, just downloaded the latest FF and it worked, maybe update?

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Works in Safari, on MacBook at least.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

Displays just fine in Firefox ESR on my PC Smile

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8759 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I don't see anything
<Updates FireFox>
I see twitter videos.

...And now I don't. Wth? I just watched one of them and now they're not showing. Weird.

Posts: 7313 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Embedded Tweets showing up on my Firefox on a Mac

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Found this, Can t see embedded tweets in Firefox?

If you see a shield icon in your address bar then your Firefox configuration of tracking protection may be blocking Twitter's JavaScript: https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js . Select the shield icon and disable tracking protection for the current session. The embedded timeline should appear

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Ha. At least I would expect to only see useful/pertinent posts rather than the dreck that is generally on Twitter.

The only thing I am having a little difficulty with is setting the height and width of the iframe. Those will vary based on the height and width of the original tweet-post.

Maybe you can add this as a tubinator option. Smile
First I’d have to decide if that’s a service or a disservice. Big Grin

Posts: 45323 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:

I only checked chrome and edge.
Haven't gotten to the beta stage yet.
I'll see what FF needs to make it happy.

I did a fresh install of FF version 109.0 (64-bit) since I did not have it on my current machine.
In the settings section, under the Privacy & Security tab, if I have it set to "Strict", the embedded posts from twitter did not display.
If I chose Custom and changed the Tracking Content option from Only in Private Windows to In All Windows, the embed did not display.
Choosing Standard and the embed did display normally.

Seems like a Firefox security setting as others have indicated.