SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to embed twitter posts. Update in first post.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to embed twitter posts. Update in first post. Login/Join 
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
(deleted a few failed efforts to avoid holding myself up to ridicule...LOL)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sse,

Posts: 2751 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
In the settings section, under the Privacy & Security tab, if I have it set to "Strict", the embedded posts from twitter did not display.
If I chose Custom and changed the Tracking Content option from Only in Private Windows to In All Windows, the embed did not display.
Choosing Standard and the embed did display normally.
Yes, it's working now, thank you. Mine was set to "Custom"

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107413 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and cobbled together a simple page that generates the embed code for twitter.
It is an initial cut and I have tested it in a couple of browsers and from an iPhone.

It is located here: https://codejanitor.azurewebsi...beds/twitbedder.html

Simply copy the link to the twitter post you would like to share and paste it into the text box at the top.

Random URL to some twitter post as an example: https://twitter.com/latestinsp...7FxJnZxS1-JGCRAzmIiQ

Click the "Show Preview" button. If the twitter post renders properly, you got it right. (It may take a couple of seconds to render.)

Click the "Show Embed Code" button.

Finally click in the "Results" box. The background will turn black with white text and the embed code will be copied to your clipboard.

Then you should be able to simply paste the embed code into a post here.

Results from twitter URL shown above.

I'll likely be making changes to it based on testing and feedback.

I hope this is found to be useful.

Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Testing, whats the page members can use to create imbed code for utoob? Maybe we could get this added to that page as an option...

That one's not too hard if you're on the Desktop YouTube site. Click on the Share button for the video, click the embed line, copy the link, and put it in the middle off [FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]. At least YouTube does most of the work for you as opposed to Twitter.

Posts: 4147 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went ahead and cobbled together a simple page that generates the embed code for twitter.
Well, that's cool, daddy-o

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2751 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Wow...quite a bit easier.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is an initial cut and I have tested it in a couple of browsers and from an iPhone.

It is located here: https://codejanitor.azurewebsi...beds/twitbedder.html

Simply copy the link to the twitter post you would like to share and paste it into the text box at the top.

Random URL to some twitter post as an example: https://twitter.com/latestinsp...7FxJnZxS1-JGCRAzmIiQ

Click the "Show Preview" button. If the twitter post renders properly, you got it right. (It may take a couple of seconds to render.)

Click the "Show Embed Code" button.

Finally click in the "Results" box. The background will turn black with white text and the embed code will be copied to your clipboard.

Then you should be able to simply paste the embed code into a post here.

I'll likely be making changes to it based on testing and feedback.

I hope this is found to be useful.

Smile

Excellent, you're the man Clifford Franklin! Big Grin

Posts: 23359 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I can't get any of them in Chrome...

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
I'm using Chrome and it just worked fine for me.

Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
I just figured it out. Had a privacy tracker extension that I turned off.

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Just testing...LOL

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^Well now, that brings us to the place where I remind everyone that we have standards here for content. Some kind of standards, of some sort, and while these standards may be nebulous at times, they certainly don't allow for videos of women setting their vagina on fire.

In this case, though, I suppose we can allow one flaming vagina.

But, that's it. No more pyromaniac pussies. One volatile vijajjay and done.

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
Sorry, should have posted NSFW LOL

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That should have had Trace Adkins - One Hot Momma used as the sound track or Arthur Browns "Fire"

Posts: 23359 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1548 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
Updated instructions in first post.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...060000894#4060000894

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/s...HHwWgsC-0cCAzIMtAAAA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Patrick-SP2022,

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've read this thread several times, but I still don't see the solution for the "big green box" in Firefox ... am I simply overlooking it?

Big green box:

God bless America.

Posts: 13481 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I've read this thread several times, but I still don't see the solution for the "big green box" in Firefox ... am I simply overlooking it?

Big green box:

When the green box is all that is showing, it most likely means the browser tracking protection settings are blocking the content.
In Firefox on my iPhone, with tracking protection set to strict, the tweets don’t show.

In the windows desktop version, there is also a custom setting that depending on the options selected, may block the tweet.
All related to tracking cookies and the like.

I’m not st my desk now but I take a look in the morning when I go into my office. (It’s downstairs but I really like to walk away from work at the end of the day. Smile )

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
In Firefox, if you open "settings", it will open a new tab showing the "general" page. There should be a search box at the top of the screen that says "Find in settings". Type "tracking" without quotes into that box, you don't even need to hit enter. It should now be showing the search results below that will be labeled "Enhanced Tracking Protection". Mine is set for standard and displays tweets.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6207 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post