SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy 80th Birthday Creed Bratton (From The Office)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 80th Birthday Creed Bratton (From The Office) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Happy 80th to IMO one of the best characters on The Office!

Did you know he was in a real band called The Grass Roots in the 1960’s? He mentioned it once in an aside on the show but I just assumed he was being Creed and bullshitting the camera but it was true. A couple years ago someone pointed this out to me and it’s great seeing him so young yet so recognizable.

One of my favorite Creed moments from the show:

Young Creed in The Grass Roots (striped blue sweater)

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Good stuff! I never knew that was him in the group.

"Every week, I’m supposed to take four hours and do a quality spot-check at the paper mill. And of course, the one year I blow it off, this happens."

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8523 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watch the series every night on Comedy Central. I think I know almost every word to every episode.

I am attached to the HR Department at work. I tell them all of the time that "The Office" is the greatest HR Training video series ever created.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Even though he was more of a minor character compared to the main cast, I thought he was easily one of the top 5 characters on it.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Wow! Did not know that...

That's a pretty well known song too - for those of us born before 1980. Cool

Happy Birthday Creed!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3921 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Watch the series every night on Comedy Central. I think I know almost every word to every episode
I thought that too, right up until the trivia contest at my local whisky bar. It was, "What was the name of the geeky guy Michael rejected at the Job Fair?"

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Watch the series every night on Comedy Central. I think I know almost every word to every episode
I thought that too, right up until the trivia contest at my local whisky bar. It was, "What was the name of the geeky guy Michael rejected at the Job Fair?"

It's our go-to 'white noise' show in the afternoon. We've probably seen it 2 or 3 times all the way through.

But, I'd have missed the above question as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
LOVED the Creed character in The Office! Big Grin Big Grin Side note…I am in the process of getting all the DVD’s for the entire series ripped and digitized so I’ll have the forever. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
BOBODDY, BO...BODDY.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
BOBODDY, BO...BODDY.

What does the first B stand for? That’s right, BUSINESS. B..I...Z...N...E....S.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like it!

I enjoyed the episode when he met Holly and she asked what he did.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was reading some more about his time with the Grass Roots and apparently they used a lot of studio musicians, etc. like the Wrecking Crew for their albums but played their own instruments live.

Creed Bratton apparently became disillusioned with this and pressed them to do more of their own songwriting and playing.

He was in the band from 1965-1969 and got kicked out, according to what I read:

“After a disastrous appearance at the Fillmore West in April 1969, a "slightly inebriated" Bratton was asked to leave the band…”