SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Raucous Daucus hot sauce review
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raucous Daucus hot sauce review Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
I was fortunate enough to have won the karma that Konata held. So I won a bottle of Raucous Daucus hot sauce.
It is a fairly bright Orange, and has a hint of vinegar. The chiles used have a very fruity and aromatic scent.

Flavor. First taste is fruity, floral, sweet. Then comes on a little heat, and then a vinegar hit. The flavor of the chile comes in. It reminds me a lot of espelette. This sauce has the perfect amount of heat for me. It’s spicy and flavorful. It has enough heat that it’s a pleasurable burn, but it’s not painful. Very full bodied and quite a tasty chile. The heat is long lasting. For quite a while after eating, the heat is still there. Very long half life.

I mainly use hot sauce on quesadillas and tacos.

I have a chile de arbol hot sauce that is quite tasty, but when the heat hits, it’s painful and has a decant half life. This is the closest sauce I have to compare it to. I have a few different sauces, sriracha, Sambol Olek, Macaya, Tapatio, the list goes on and on.
Raucous Daucus is by far, one of the best sauces I have ever had. I will have to find out how to get some more of this. It is now a staple sauce in my house.

Konata, thank you. Quite tasty and I appreciate you turning me on to a new sauce!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
https://www.fuegobox.com/produ...a%20gorgeous%20color.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Thanks for good review & the links. I will give it a try soon.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nice write-up. Makes even me want to try it. Smile

I have two sauces that I like, this one and Secret Aardvark. Both are tasty but this one seems to be tasty because of the pepper. I would love to get some of the actual fresh pepper (one of my favorite fresh peppers right now is the Fresno Chili - sweet with a moderate kick); this pepper seems like it would be nice fresh as well.

The other sauce is tasty (and a bit more kick) but it's mostly because of the other ingredients, not really the pepper itself.

Glad you liked the sauce. I use it often; it's been a great replacement for tabasco and such for me.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:

Splash Cafe is where I buy the sauce when I go to Pismo Beach / San Luis Obispo.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Gee Whiz Bean, you been chugging that stuff?

My wife and I have been married 51 years and we’re just on our second bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
LoL - I was thinking the same thing. Bean used more in a couple of weeks than I did in a whole year. But I was conserving since I only had one bottle. After a recent trip, I have multiple bottles (enough to last until the next trip) so I feel free to use as much as damn well please now. Smile

But I was surprised how much Bean had used so far. They must have really tested it out. Smile

posted Hide Post
Well, there are not too many good hot sauces available here where I live. So, I just mail-order David's Gourmet Insanity Sauce and his line of Super-Insanity sauces!!!! SmileSmile I especially like his sauce that is Ghost Pepper based.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
Well, there are not too many good hot sauces available here where I live. So, I just mail-order David's Gourmet Insanity Sauce and his line of Super-Insanity sauces!!!! SmileSmile I especially like his sauce that is Ghost Pepper based.

You Sir, are a true "pepper belly". I love hot sauces, but Dave's products are too hot for me.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post