SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Chappell is a Muslim??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappell is a Muslim?? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Obscurity??

Posts: 107680 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chappelle doesn't allow audience members to have phones during his performances, and it appears that neither Chappelle nor those who manage his shows have a recording of the night in question. I find that odd, and what I also find odd is that though he is denying saying what has been claimed he said during this show, he will not clarify the matter: "...I will not repeat what I said."

He shouldn't have said anything about it at , since he states that he is the one who first mentioned the ongoing conflict, which then generated comments from the audience. And I don't need anyone pointing out the obvious, which is that it's his show and he can say whatever he wants, as long as he's prepared to deal with the consequences. What it comes down to is that he is "in trouble" as he put it, because he chose to bring up the most divisive topic in our society these past few weeks. So, no record of what he said and he won't clarify the matter, and that is pretty damn odd, and there is not one doubt in my mind that what he said and the fact that he won't repeat it, is due to his Muslim faith. Chappelle has long struck me as a man who possesses the courage of his convictions, but this little game he's playing right now leads me to believe that he has compromised himself for Allah.

There is one person only who is responsible for this "controversy" and that is the man who said something to an audience full of people but seems to lack the courage to repeat it to the world.

Dave Chappelle says he's in 'trouble' with Jewish community after reported comments on Israel-Hamas war

Comedian Dave Chappelle addressed his previously reported comments about the Israel-Hamas conflict during a show in North Carolina on Wednesday and said the comments were all "hearsay."

"Right now, I’m in trouble because the Jewish community is upset," Chappelle said at his North Carolina show, according to the New York Times. "But I cannot express this enough: No matter what you read about that show in Boston, you will never see quotation marks around anything I said. They don’t know what I said."

He added that it was all "hearsay," the Times reported.

The Wall Street Journal previously that audience members walked out of Chappelle's show in Boston after her started to talk about the conflict in the Middle East.

"The other night, I said something about Palestine in Boston and got misquoted all over the world," the comedian reportedly said. "And I will not repeat what I said."

According to the Times, a woman in the audience shouted, "Free Palestine" in response.

"Please, please, miss," he said. "Listen. Don’t start it up or I’m going to be in the news cycle for another week. This thing that’s happening in the Middle East is bigger than everybody."

He said that the situation in Israel was a "nightmare," but added, "what's happening in Palestine is a nightmare."

"There’s only two kinds of people in the world: people who love other people and the people that have things to make them afraid to love other people. Pray for everyone in Israel. Pray for everyone in Palestine," he said, the Times reported.

During his Boston show, Chappelle reportedly said that students supporting Palestinians shouldn't be losing jobs over it.

The Wall Street Journal, citing attendees, reported some in the audience shouted "Free Palestine," in support of Chappelle's comments, while others yelled, "What about Hamas?" before some audience members walked out.

The back-and-forth with the audience occurred after Chappelle declared students shouldn't be losing their jobs over supporting Palestinians, according to reports.

Chappelle notably does not allow phones at his shows and has audience members surrender them before entering.

posted Hide Post
As with most things, the truth is probably somewhere in between what he said, the other guy said, what the WSJ said, what that dude in the far left corner said, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I cant imagine an audience giving up their cell phones. I've seen a guy get wheeled into a trauma room clutching his phone in his bloody hand. And if the venue is of any size, the logistics of managing all those phones must be horrific.

Anyway, IMHO he's not that funny.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I think he is funny as hell. That being said I’m not giving a 1000 dollar phone to anybody just because they said so. If I knew that in advance I would never buy a ticket. I’m not even sure how that fucking process would work at a large show.

Either way, fuck him. Supporting Hamas in any way is fucked up. It is like supporting Westboro Baptist just because I’m Protestant. Retarded

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
As with most things, the truth is probably somewhere in between what he said, the other guy said, what the WSJ said, what that dude in the far left corner said, ad nauseum, ad infinitum
Yet another truism from you, and it misses the point, which is that the person who could clarify what was said refuses to do so, and that is suspicious.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the logistics of managing all those phones must be horrific.
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I’m not even sure how that fucking process would work at a large show.
Meh. Pretty much like a coat check...
    Give counter worker your phone
    They have a two-part claim ticket with the same number on each stub
    Clerk attaches one stub to your phone; gives you the other stub
    They put the phone in a secure box/container (perhaps with other phones)
    When ready to leave, you surrender your stub to the counter worker
    Counter worker retrieves your phone
    You make sure it's the correct one
    You go about your business and enjoy the rest of the evening with the wife and/or gf.
Easy process. People give up fur coats worth way more than a cell phone to coat check services all the time; at Broadway shows, e.g. Just gotta think outside the box, eh boys?? Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A coat check? I guess I don’t run in the same elite circles as you. Lol.

Last concert I went to had ten thousand people plus. I’m not waiting in that line to get a coat or a phone. Fuck that. If it was a tiny venue I suppose but it’s still a pain in the ass. Nope. I’m not going to do that.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
...the logistics of managing all those phones must be horrific.
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I’m not even sure how that fucking process would work at a large show.
Meh. Pretty much like a coat check...
    Give counter worker your phone
    They have a two-part claim ticket with the same number on each stub
    Clerk attaches one stub to your phone; gives you the other stub
    They put the phone in a secure box/container (perhaps with other phones)
    When ready to leave, you surrender your stub to the counter worker
    Counter worker retrieves your phone
    You make sure it's the correct one
    You go about your business and enjoy the rest of the evening with the wife and/or gf.
Easy process. People give up fur coats worth way more than a cell phone to coat check services all the time; at Broadway shows, e.g. Just gotta think outside the box, eh boys?? Razz

Not quite, you hold onto your phone. The phone goes into a sleeve with a security device that can only be unlocked at the entrance/exit; upon departure you have the sleeve unlocked, you hold onto your phone and turn-in the sleeve. These cases are the most well known. The US Navy is looking into issuing these to sailors as the frequency of leaked information and poor signal & electronic security onboard ships as this is increasingly becoming a problem.

Comedy shows over the last 5-years have seen a marked increase in security when it comes to attendees recording the acts. Most small comedy and music venues, where a well known entertainer is trying-out new material has increased their security when it comes to recordings. The push to this increased security came as recordings would get made public, resulting in critiques and fault-finding from all angles before the performer has perfected their act and prior to them going on tour.

Posts: 14669 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Joe Rogan's comedy club in Austin, Comedy Mothership, also doesn't allow cell phones inside. They somehow manage to enforce the rule.

From my understanding, comedians don't like to have their acts recorded and released without their consent. Many times they're trying out bits on smaller groups that will eventually be put into one big special in front of a larger crowd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fuck that phone. You don’t need “my precious” with you at all times. Leave it in the damn car. I’m all for a comic, musician, whatever, to say fuck your phones if you want to come to the show. Phones are one of the worst things to ever happen to our society. As a previous professional musician, I would have loved that kind of policy at all the concerts I had to perform at. From House of Blues to big festivals to shit hole clubs. I remember the 2 years playing after that iphone came out. I got so tired of being flashed and being recorded. It’s principles. I don’t want you filming me then posting it on your bullshit social media and getting clicks and $ when I get zero. But hell I can’t even go to a Cineplex anymore as people are crackheads with the phones and can’t leave it alone to watch the film.

I understand Para’s comments. This dude is being dodgy and man it sucks. I’ve long been a fan of black comics. Redd Foxx. Robin Harris. Dave has been a legend until this shit where he opened his mouth and wrote checks his ass can’t cash. I’ve been watching and supporting him since I first saw him on HBO’s Def Comedy Jam. IIRC that was 1993 so 30 years of watching this guy. But if he said that shit I’m out and he needs to clarify it or he said the shit and I’m done with him.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Fakakta Shvartze.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16121 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
....with the agenda driven media I don’t believe much until I have heard it first hand.

Concur! Yesterdays example: EYEWITNESS'S REPORT THAT MARK MEADOWS WAS AN FBI INFORMANT AND WORE A WIRE TO ENTRAP TRUMP".

Today: Opps, sorry, not true.

That list of media mistakes and outright lies is excruciatingly and unforgivably long. I did not know Chappelle was a Muslim, thanks for that info. Not the first time he's started a controversy, but I forgot what the earlier ones were other than talking about LGBT folks and the media overblew that one up for sure. Turns out he wasn't as "transphobic" as was said and his points about trans people as it relates to society were very valid.

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post