SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Harvard announces its' Fall 2019 Resident Fellows.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harvard announces its' Fall 2019 Resident Fellows. Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://iop.harvard.edu/fellow...019-resident-fellows

For over fifty years the Resident Fellows Program has provided students with the opportunity to learn from experienced public servants, the space to engage in civil discourse, and the chance to acquire a more holistic, empathetic, and pragmatic view of our political world. Each semester, Resident Fellows immerse themselves into the Harvard community by residing on campus, mentoring a cohort of undergraduate students, holding weekly office hours and leading an eight-week, not-for-credit study group based on their particular experience and expertise.

Fall 2019 Resident Fellows:

LaTosha Brown

LaTosha Brown is the founder of Black Voters Matter Fund, an award-winning organizer, philanthropic consultant, political strategist and jazz singer

Bob Cohn

Bob Cohn is the president of The Atlantic

The Atlantic is a left leaning magazine out of Boston. Very anti Donald Trump

H.E. Isabel de Saint Malo de Alvarado

The Vice President of the Republic (Panama) and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Isabel de Saint Malo de Alvarado, has over 20 years of experience in consulting, development and implementation of public policies in Latin America

Deesha Dyer

Deesha Dyer is a speaker, community leader and organizer, creative event strategy consultant, and most notably known as the former Obama Administration Social Secretary.

Senator Jeff Flake

Jeff Flake served as a United States Senator from Arizona from 2013 to 2019.

Alice Stewart

Alice Stewart is a CNN Political Commentator. She is also a veteran Republican Communication Consultant (Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Ted Cruz)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jeff Flake should fit in comfortably

Posts: 19583 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Harvard is scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao and Castro being dead really limits their pool of fascist candidates.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
It's one thing to be have liberal leanings. But as an institution of higher learning, you should make decisions that are based on intelligence.

The things they do -- they are seriously and significantly eroding the Harvard brand. And for what benefit?

There was a day when I'd come across a job applicant from Harvard or similar institution and regard it with some measure of respect. Now, when I see them, it is with disdain first.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

...There was a day when I'd come across a job applicant from Harvard or similar institution and regard it with some measure of respect. Now, when I see them, it is with disdain first.

You and me both. The same goes for any ivy, or ivy equivalent, including my own alma mater. If not disdain, at least a high level of skepticism.

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Harvard is scraping the bottom of the barrel there.

Looks more like skimming floaters off the top!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post