SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do These Cocktail Smokers Work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do These Cocktail Smokers Work? Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
These keep coming across my Amazon recommended for you list. Just curious if anyone has used them and if they actually impart a smoke flavor or are they just a gimmick? They aren't cheap but if they work I'm always up for smoking pretty much anything! Razz

This is a example of the latest one they recommend for me.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They do work but it isn't that hard to accomplish much cheaper.
When I make smoked Old Fashions I just heat up a smoke pellet under some container.
Part flavor and part gimmick but fun nevertheless.

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Funny this should come up. I just had a smoked old fashioned at a steak house. I loved the device they used. I was looking on Amazon and my wife informed me I had the kit already. Someone brought it as a gift and I forgot. Tried it last night and it was great. I think it’s this one.

Cocktail Smoker Kit with Torch – 4 Flavors Wood Chips – Bourbon, Whiskey Smoker Infuser Kit, Old Fashioned Drink Smoker Kit, Birthday Bourbon Whiskey Gifts for Men, Dad, Husband (Without Butane) https://a.co/d/8Lb7sW6

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post