SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VETERANS DAY SALUTE
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VETERANS DAY SALUTE Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted
To all of our veterans PAST /PRESENT / FUTURE we owe you a dedt of gratitude for your service.. Also a thanks to the families that stayed behind and gave support for their service...without this support it allowed us to do our job and not worry about what was going on at home.....1968-1977..VIET NAM ERA/ KOREAN DMZ..former DRILL SGT.feild artillery (big guns)...my wife was also active duty with 8 1/2 yrs.......drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2010 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Amen. We owe our Vets a debt that can never be repaid. The best we can do is to acknowledge it and thank them for their service.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6409 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'll be on Main Street of the county seat today. Dressed for the temperature. Parade starts, as usual, at 11:11am ...

Salute!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who served!

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you vets for answering the call. Our country would not be what she is without you!
Deep gratitude to you! God Bless!!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Sad Day today. ALL of the WW2 Veterans I grew up with; My Dad, all my Uncles, my FIL, have all passed. I guess my Veterans Day has turned into Memorial day.

God Bless all of the Veterans here, past and present.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
How do you thank someone who has given you everything you have as a way of life? I'm a long time student of History and dislike war as much as the next guy, but I can't even imagine what our lives would be like if not for our veterans. To all who answered the call, thank you for your sacrifice and service!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1686 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Happy Veterans day and thanks for your service!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Happy Veterans Day my fellow brothers in arms.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
Thank you to those for their dedication, sacrifice, and service.

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
To all who thank veterans for their service, Thank you for those wishes. And, I wish all other vets a great day, and thank them for their service.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
To all of our veterans PAST /PRESENT / FUTURE we owe you a dedt of gratitude for your service.. Also a thanks to the families that stayed behind and gave support for their service...without this support it allowed us to do our job and not worry about what was going on at home.

I second that! Without my wife’s love and support throughout my 20 year military career, and my two daughters being uprooted every few years, I wouldn’t have been able to have a successful career. Thank God for military spouses and families! Happy Veterans Day to all!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
To all who thank veterans for their service, Thank you for those wishes. And, I wish all other vets a great day, and thank them for their service.

Yes! Whenever someone says “Thank you for your service” I always reply with “Thank you for your support” because I believe that the support of the citizens/taxpayers is crucial for a strong military and therefore a strong national defense.

Happy Veterans Day to our brothers and sisters in arms past and present!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thank you, and thank you to all of my fellow veterans.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
To all of our veterans PAST /PRESENT / FUTURE we owe you a dedt of gratitude for your service.. Also a thanks to the families that stayed behind and gave support for their service...without this support it allowed us to do our job and not worry about what was going on at home.

Amen! Without the love, support, understanding and endurance of our spouses and families, we could not have performed our mission. Happy Veteran’s Day to my brothers in arms!

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Sad Day today. ALL of the WW2 Veterans I grew up with; My Dad, all my Uncles, my FIL, have all passed. I guess my Veterans Day has turned into Memorial day.

God Bless all of the Veterans here, past and present.
Same situation here, except that most of my uncles who served I didn't see very often or even knew they were veterans. My dad was not a veteran, but worked in war industries. I'm a USAF retiree, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all our veterans, past and present!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6322 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post