SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Thanksgiving- and a message from the President
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Thanksgiving- and a message from the President Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
To all of my invisible friends, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thought I’d share a message from POTUS #1.

Washington’s Thanksgiving Day Proclamation:

https://founders.archives.gov/...ington/05-04-02-0091

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for posting that link, which I shared.

Posts: 26921 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
And to you and all our other forum pals as well.

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you! I am very thankful for SigForum and the friends and fellowship we share here.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope it’s a day filled with family and friends, fun and fulfillment.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
As I sit here this morning in a quiet home before everyone gets up and think of the many things I am grateful for my participation on the forum is one of them.

Thanks to everyone who contributes and makes this place very special.

Happy Thanksgiving!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6326 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thank you Burton for posting that. I had not read that before. I have now. Again, Thank you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19196 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
President Trump’s Thanksgiving message to Americans

It's that time of year again, as many Americans travel far and wide to be with loved ones over the Thanksgiving holiday. Gathering in places of worship and around family dinner tables, it is a time to give appreciation for all that we've been blessed with.

"On Thanksgiving Day, we recall the courageous and inspiring journey of the Pilgrims who, nearly four centuries ago, ventured across the vast ocean to flee religious persecution and establish a home in the New World," President Donald J. Trump wrote in his 2018 Thanksgiving Proclamation. Facing dangerous conditions and uncertainty, the more than 100 Pilgrims arrived at Plymouth, Massachusetts, and "instilled in our Nation a strong faith in God that continues to be a beacon of hope to all Americans."

In recognition of their journey, President George Washington issued the first Thanksgiving Proclamation on November 26, 1789. But it was under President Abraham Lincoln that the day became a true national celebration on the final Thursday of November each year.

"We give thanks for the family, friends, neighbors and loved ones who enrich our lives, lift our spirits, and fill our days with joy. And we give thanks to God, who continues to shed his almighty grace upon this magnificent land that we all love so very much," President Trump said yesterday from the Rose Garden.

"We are truly blessed to be Americans."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/art...l&utm_campaign=1600d

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3793 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
A message that truly transcends time. Thank you for posting that!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great link BurtonRW. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Posts: 7561 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, "We are truly blessesd to be Americans"
That is something we must never lose sight of.

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends here.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post