SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speaking of museums, we are about to have a.... selfie museum!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speaking of museums, we are about to have a.... selfie museum! Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
That's right, you read it right. A selfie museum!

https://www.clickondetroit.com...o-open-this-weekend/

DETROIT – Get ready for your photo op: A “selfie museum” is coming to Downtown Detroit.

Opening to the public on Oct. 23, the Selfie Museum of Detroit will feature a collection of 20 interactive art installations and scenes located at the Chrysler House. Co-founded by Detroit resident Kelli Cooke and her daughter Jordyn Watson, 14, the art installations are focused on “feeling free, having fun and cultivating good vibes,” a press release reads Monday.

Photos of the museum highlight an array of vibrant and eclectic installations, including one with a large ball pit and wall full of smiley faces, and another with oversized pastel dessert props on the ground and walls. Selfie museums have recently become popular attractions across Metro Detroit and the nation, often featuring several rooms with unique decorations designed for people to visit and take photos.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This will turn out well. Roll Eyes

Let's gather obsessive compulsive narcissists to one of the most dangerous cities in the US where they'll be walking around with their nose glued to their phone.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23250 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I had the wrong idea. I thought it would be a place where they posted selfies that people took at various places. Instead it appears to be a place with different backgrounds against which people can take selfies?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont think that you can cultivate a good vibe in Detroit. Last time I was there the vibe was decidedly bad.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Ages 4-11 tickets start at $25 for one hour. Hmmmm. Guess I live in a different world.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
Ages 4-11 tickets start at $25 for one hour. Hmmmm. Guess I live in a different world.
I know that I do. Since I don't use a camera phone, I'm not inclined to do "Selfies". Once in a great while I'll get another in my Group to take a photo of me with some notable location behind me (but not very often). I have a DSLR camera, and self-exposed photos of myself are very difficult to achieve.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
... self-exposed photos of myself are very difficult to achieve.

No offense, but thank God for that.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Wonderful. Another alter for narcissistic asshats to self worship at.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Next up: a "Photoshop museum" (online) where people can select "unique" backgrounds for their selfies. You know, to express their unique style. Clubleaf may already be working on this.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
... self-exposed photos of myself are very difficult to achieve.

No offense, but thank God for that.

-Rob
Very funny, but I think you know what I meant.

flashguy

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Cleveland! Come on down to Cleveland town...It's not Detroit!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Lol.

If you haven't been to an art installation or museum lately, you probably haven't realized that all museums are "selfie" museums.

If the Louvre allowed photos of the Mona Lisa, there would be a line out the door to take selfies in front of it.

Narcissistic or not, I much prefer to look at photos of my friends and families, rather than photos of landmarks and peculiarities on their own. Between a picture of of the Eiffel Tower and a picture of an Eiffel Tower with someone I know in it, I pick the later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Well in it’s defense being downtown may be a good thing, there is a police presence there along with a lot of private security especially with Bedrock being involved.

Now if that museum was on the East or the Northwest sides it could get a lot more interesting.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post