SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will a Mesh eero internet booster work in my travel trailer parked by the house?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a Mesh eero internet booster work in my travel trailer parked by the house? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
With school starting, I have 4 kids at home doing partial online school. Unfortunately space is at a premium as the basement is being finished. To try and help out, we have configured the kitchen area of our travel trailer as a study hall. It is parked right next to our house. Despite the trailer’s location, the internet signal in it is terrible. I was thinking of buying another Mesh eero and putting it in the trailer or the garage to see if that would help. However, before I spent the money, I thought I would check to see if it is worth the expenditure or if there is a better option.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Block or stick framed home? An additional Eero 'may' improve things a bit, but my bet is your speed and reliability will still be less than stellar.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about just running a hard line out there from your router?

Posts: 2487 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
If you buy it on amazon, and it doesn't work, you send it back.

I have two Eero Pro, and I love them. FWIW, I stream spotify while I'm mowing the lawn, and have zero dropouts. I can also stream youtube out there.

If you're putting it in the garage, behind a metal door, and your trailer is metal, you may have some issues. Hardline would be best.

But the nice thing about amazon is how easy it is to return things.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Stick home with stucco.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Eero should work fine. I placed an Eero Pro on the 2nd floor to cover my outside deck. Works great.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I love eeros. Set a mesh up at the rental house and then another at the residence. No issues whatsoever. Simple to set up, easy to manage.

My suggestion since it sounds like you already have an eero mesh going, would be to buy another eero on Amazon, and if it doesn't work, just return it within the window.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Rebuilding from Hurr Michael - computer/wifi in the garage wouldn't connect to the rv parked right outside the garage. I put a wifi extender in the "outside kitchen" of the rv. Worked great.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1367 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I’ll try the extender in the trailer’s kitchen area.

Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Stick home with stucco.

I'm thinking stucco may use wire mesh. If so, it may act as a big Faraday cage. However, if the thing is close, it might work. Step inside the trailer and see if you get signal. If so, a beacon will likely work.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Does the travel trailer have a aluminum skin?
Same issue as the stucco with wire mesh.
If the trailer is in the driveway next to the house, just run a cable.
I have a metal roof on my house and shop, plus the shop has steel walls. (Morton bldg)
Bad news for cell phone signal, and Wi-Fi connectivity in the shop.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1548 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post