SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'splodey things at the Canadian border
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'splodey things at the Canadian border Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12478 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Make a note not to partake of the nitrous oxide until actually arriving at the concert.

Posts: 1982 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah. When pre-gaming before a KISS concert, don't drop acid until you at least get to the parking lot.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30477 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Thank God the FBI has their TOP MEN on this. We should have updated information by July.

Let's see:
- confirmed terrorist act............
- nope...nope.....definitely not a terrorist act......
- ummmm car is stolen.........
- nope - two 50-somethings on way to a KISS concert........

Start a lottery on the "next" alibi............

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4588 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think one gets a ‘C’ in headwork for owning a Bentley in NY. If so, seems like a vehicle mismatch, unless dripping with $$.

Yeah, who am I to say, saying it anyway.

Posts: 6197 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
So we have a 600plus horsepower car that can go 0-60 in under 4 seconds with a history of recalls for accelerators getting stuck driven by a middle aged American couple.

Bentley’s lawyers would like to assure everyone this was definitely terrorists.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
On the way to a KISS concert? Maybe they wanted to live out "Detroit Rock City"

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8352 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What model Bentley? Flying Spur?

Maybe they didn’t want to surrender?
Mommy and daddy are definitely not all right.
They’re done rolling rockin’ rolling.
I’ll get my Kiss records out.

Sorry, cheap trick.

Posts: 11046 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Going out in a $300,000 Bently, 100MPH, full on Duke's of Hazard, savage mode expert!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1738 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Just tuning into this thing, and it went from 9/11 to the Dukes of Hazzard in less than one page. Glad I didn't waste my time watching the "news."

I quit watching the local news at eleven. I’ve started watching “Adam-12” on one of the nostalgia channels from then until midnight instead. Used to be they only couldn’t get the weather right……

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8148 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I don’t put a lot of faith in “expert” witnesses such as Ettari. Time will may tell.

“The driver of a Bentley that exploded on Rainbow Bridge earlier this week was 'alert and not impaired' as he desperately slammed on the brakes, according to an expert.

Vincent A. Ettari, a civil engineer, told The New York Times that he believes Kurt Villani was frantically slamming the brakes of his 2022 Flying Spur as it exploded on Wednesday.

Villani and his wife Monica, both 53, had been on their way to a KISS concert when the horror crash took place on Wednesday.

Vittari, who serves as an expert witness on road design in court cases, said that a dark vapor behind the car seen in surveillance footage suggests Villani was not impaired at the time and was aware of what was going on.
……
The couple had been in their $300,000 Bentley at the time and had told friends there was a problem with the accelerator in the weeks before the accident. Bentley is yet to comment on the tragedy. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/12789321

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9038 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Shifting a runaway car's transmission into neutral and just sacrifice the engine is standard procedure.

Unless the manufacturer did something STUPID by having an electronic coupling to the transmission with no manual override.

If so, Bentley is 100% liable for this.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34159 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Shifting a runaway car's transmission into neutral and just sacrifice the engine is standard procedure.

There aren't many people who would have their wits about them to think clearly and quickly enough to do that in the few short seconds you have when your 550 hp car is accelerating to 100 mph at max throttle.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30477 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I had an Austin Mini Cooper with a stuck throttle on the Autobahn, knocked it out of gear rolled to the side and killed the engine. But like Mars said with these new cars, electronic transmissions, electronic throttles, electronic push button starters it has got me wondering can you shift out of gear with them or kill the engine if they have a bug in the electrics. I have driven newer cars and I do like the gadgets but have just always kept my older stuff because I like it and can work on it. Now this has got me wondering do they have a way to manually shut them down?

Posts: 3584 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My manual Jeep for the win.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Now this has got me wondering do they have a way to manually shut them down?

Jeep changed the way their stupid assed unintuitive shifter works after it killed Anton Yelchin. Jeep should have gone insolvent over this retarded dumbassery. The designer and ANYONE who signed off on that shit should be spending life behind bars.

100% Fiat doing their best to sabotage the American car market just like Renault was openly trying to destroy Nissan.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34159 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I think if I had a new car I would end up putting a kill switch in it like a race car, but with all the electronics that might make things even worse.

Posts: 3584 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post