SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'splodey things at the Canadian border
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'splodey things at the Canadian border Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thank God the FBI has their TOP MEN on this. We should have updated information by July.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is beginning to sound more like Billy-Bob Doofus and his half-brother/cousin Jimmy Danny makin' a run for the border for whatever reason.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20326 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYBODY!!

Posts: 107779 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm thinking maybe this is what happened, and not a bomb. Take a look at the video I posted above. Does that seem like the concussion you would see from a bomb? It doesn't to me, not really.

Unless it was a low explosive (i.e., does not generate a supersonic shock wave) I do not think that was a bomb.

There appears to be enough precipitation that you'd see the compression of the air as that low-lying white "cloud" (it comes from the condensation of water vapor caused by the change in local atmospheric pressure as the shock wave passes), like this:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31490 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Now they are reporting it was a stolen car. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6222 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Thank God the FBI has their TOP MEN on this. We should have updated information by July.

Well...they can't comment on on-going investigations, so...

Posts: 20138 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Remember the synagogue attack in Texas? The FBI spokesman comes out and says "Now, we don't want to jump to any conclusions..."

Oh, yes, of course, because an obvious terrorist attack is not obvious, but a stolen car that strikes a fence at high speed and explodes is IMMEDIATELY classed as a terrorist attack!

Big, floppy clown shoes!!

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
WTOP.com: Fiery crash kills 2 at Niagara Falls’ Rainbow border bridge. Officials say no sign of terrorism

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (AP) — A vehicle speeding toward a U.S.-Canada bridge from the American side crashed and exploded at a checkpoint in Niagara Falls on Wednesday, killing two people and prompting the closing of multiple border crossings for hours. Authorities weren’t sure what spurred the wreck but said there were no signs it was a terror attack.

A few hours later, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul and western New York’s U.S. attorney, Trini Ross, both sought to ease fears, while cautioning that the investigation was in the early stages.

“Based on what we know at this moment,” Hochul said at a news conference, “there is no sign of terrorist activity in this crash.”

At a separate news conference with Ross nearby in Buffalo, Erie Country Sheriff John Garcia said, “We can go on with our lives.”

ROSAL

Guess this didn't turn out to be the white supremacist domestic terrorism case they wanted it to be.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31490 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks. I thought for sure they’d get one right this time. I mean they informed the President and Trudeau made a big announcement to Parliament and it’s just a freak car crash.

Posts: 11035 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a video on Daily Mail UK, that car got serious air time. I'm guessing 100-150'.

I think Bo and Luke Duke's record was 95' over Hazzard Creek....or Crick.

P229

Posts: 3855 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lefty looney Governor was just on the news saying it was NOT a terrorist attach.

That's enough for me. It WAS a terrorist attack, if the left denies it.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just tuning into this thing, and it went from 9/11 to the Dukes of Hazzard in less than one page. Glad I didn't waste my time watching the "news."

Posts: 2494 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
-Lets run for the border!
-Um, this ain't like the states borders! There's a line!
-I saw The Bandit jump a riv....

Posts: 7387 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Still image from Rainbow Bridge security cam of occupants in car.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43930 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dont want to be the "Debbie Downer" or just be lookin' at the dark skies ahead kinda guy but...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/9260082405

Looking at our current state of affairs, this weak-ass administration, and a border that has more holes than swiss cheese... And the upcoming holiday season.

I'm going to remain sceptical.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8371 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A guy going to a KISS concert in a Bentley.

"Terror attack" seems to be off the list.

https://twitter.com/TheInsider.../1727492276312568126

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Did someone mistake the accelerator for the brake pedal?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30460 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a seizure, diabetes, or some other kind of medical condition if I had to guess.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20861 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We know it couldn’t have been the Duke boys, they always stick the landing!

Posts: 475 | Location: California | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But the Bentley does not explain the acceleration and ability to launch.

P229

Posts: 3855 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post