SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruby Tuesday (restaurant) guest wifi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruby Tuesday (restaurant) guest wifi Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Add Dunkin Donuts to the list

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Too easy to stay on LTE with unlimited data and the unknown of local wifi security.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
VPN, Gets right around it

Please explain this and how to use it. Thanks

VPN is a service that you connect to, to surf the internet semi-anonymously, kinda like a tunnel that Ruby Tuesday can't see into; if they can't see which websites you're going to, they can't block you:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
So what’s a good and safe VPN to use? A google search has not been clear on this. How do you know how and whom to trust?

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what’s a good and safe VPN to use? A google search has not been clear on this. How do you know how and whom to trust?

What do you mean by "safe"?
A VPN is an encrypted transmission of data.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

I’m ignorant on this, but if I just google VPN, how do I know if one might be a scammer site to rip me off or scam me?

Do I have to pay a fee? By the month, by the year?

Etc etc etc.

Yeah, I’m cautious.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Most VPN subscriptions cost about $5-$10/month. I've been using PIA & VPNSecure for several years now but it sounds like you'd be fine with VPNSecure; it's cheaper to get a subscription using the following link than going through VPNSecure directly:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/...etime-subscription-2

$34.99 lifetime subscription for 5 devices

quote:
I’m ignorant on this, but if I just google VPN, how do I know if one might be a scammer site to rip me off or scam me?

Etc etc etc.

Yeah, I’m cautious.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Etc etc etc.

Yeah, I’m cautious.

You go with a trusted name. Symantec offeres a vpn as do many other major companies whose name you should recognize. You can also go to websites like cnet or pc world and read their reviews, they usually have a top ten list of some sort that will help you decide.

I think there are some free services out there but generally it is a paid subscription service.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Guy is kinda goofy (in a funny way Smile), and has good info about VPN's...

FF to the 5:00 mark to see how to access and browse the web with a VPN.

How to purchase, install, and set up a VPN here:

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
The local HEB store's wifi blocks SIGforum too.
Disappointing, but I don't care enough to make a stink about it.

Must be store by store. I'm posting from HEB wifi right now...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post