SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is Your Daily Watch?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is Your Daily Watch? Login/Join 
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Right now a Suunto Core but I can see transitioning to mostly phone only at some point.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eco Drive Divers 200m I wear everyday.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
My daily changes with my outfit. I have a small collection of 25-30.
I prefer a large watch with an interesting face. These days with everyone having a smart phone watches are freed up to be little more than fashion accessories.
And I am completely fine with that. It makes me happy to look down at my wrist & see something that brings me joy.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, a lot of beautiful watches ....but they seem so large. Doesn't the size and weight bother anyone ?? (Most of the time , I prefer something a little more understated.)

Posts: 1273 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I’ve always loved a BIG heavy stainless watch.
It’s only when I’m wearing a coat that I wear a smaller watch , 46-48mm case size.
Otherwise it’s 48-52mm.
But that’s me.
I know it’s not the norm.

For comparison, LoL!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
ED wear? CASIO Mudmaster, or a 38mm seiko chrono on a NATO strap, or my old British MOD auto. The last two, small, light and accurate.

The Casio big and clunky but I like it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Since it's Summer, and it's Arizona...

SOLAR!

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That one will require a compass as well.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I'll get this for my other wrist:

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post

Wishing I was in Hawaii. Smile

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Tissot T660

Bought in Budapest June 2000.
The ones I've seen for sale are going for more than I paid. It was on sale plus the dollar to euro rate was really good back then!

The case and band are Titanium which makes it very light. Not a large or deep case, just a really nice for daily wear. Couldn't be happier.

Warn daily since 2000, though it loses about 5 seconds over 3 days. Had it cleaned and oiled about 8 years ago, maybe time to do so again. Or just replace the movement.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Not a good photo at all. It doesn’t show because of my crappy picture but it’s a black face and grey bezel.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Since July of '19, this one - Sinn 206 Arktis II

For work where my arms are buried in machines, either this one - Seiko King Turtle ceramic/sapphire

or

A Seiko Marinemaster ceramic.

These Seiko's can take a beating and are very accurate.

I'd rather not beat the snot out of the Sinn at this time. My lifestyle lend to the need for a durable watch. I still have my Rolex's, but I wore them for almost 40 years combined, so time for a change.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Citizen Navihawk A-T.

After how poorly my Skyhawk's movement held up I didn't think I'd ever buy another Citizen again. But I decided to give this one a try, primarily because Amazon had it on sale for under $300 at the time, a somewhat palatable price point for me. This one's been better...so far. At least it's lasted longer than a year, which the damn Skyhawk could not do.

There are some really nice watches discussed in this thread. For someone like me who usually gags at the notion of buying a watch with a price that barely encroaches into three figures, frankly I could not fathom spending those kinds of amounts on any wrist bling-bling; I'd just equate it to what else could be bought; like "that's the same as a SCAR Heavy"...or "that's a Wilson with some of the trimmings"...or "I could really get into an even nicer suspension upgrade kit"...or "man I could spring for carbon brakes with that"...or "that's a year's supply of 9MM"...that sort of stuff. Different set of priorities, I guess.

However I will admit that I'm considering a move to a Samsung smartwatch. But it's still under $300.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Today’s watch, something different.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
Wow, a lot of beautiful watches ....but they seem so large. Doesn't the size and weight bother anyone ?? (Most of the time , I prefer something a little more understated.)

41mm is about the largest I can wear comfortably (like my Certina I posted earlier). I don't have large arms/wrists like some. I did have a Japanese market Seiko Dolce that was 38mm, and I really liked that one, until the Certina came along. I gave the Dolce to my wife.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
GrumpyBiker, I know what you mean about really large watches. When my ‘daily’ 300M seems too small I go for the BIG BOY.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
After I tripped and took a nasty tumble in the driveway, my wife bought me an Apple Series 5 watch with the "Help, I have fallen and I can't get up" feature.

The watch will detect a fall, and allow thirty seconds to dismiss the action, after which a 911 call will be placed automatically, followed by notifications to anybody (everybody) on the wearer's emergency contact list.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This is my current daily wear watch. I’m pretty happy with it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date Auto

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post