SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Scotland must See's or eats recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scotland must See's or eats recommendations? Login/Join 
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
I had haggis in Edinburgh years ago. I spent the next few days on the toilet and hugging the toilet. The meal itself was actually delicious, the following days not so much.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I loved Haggis & Cullen Skink and ate a lot of those two in various places.

Best restaurant I made it to was The Three Chimneys along Loch Dunvegan on Skye, about the most out of the way location imaginable. However, if you do find yourself venturing that way it’s one of the finest restaurants in Scotland.

https://www.threechimneys.co.uk/

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Man that place looks good we will have to try it. Will be spending 2 days on Skye.

quote:
Originally posted by P210:
I loved Haggis & Cullen Skink and ate a lot of those two in various places.

Best restaurant I made it to was The Three Chimneys along Loch Dunvegan on Skye, about the most out of the way location imaginable. However, if you do find yourself venturing that way it’s one of the finest restaurants in Scotland.

https://www.threechimneys.co.uk/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have travelled extensively through the Highlands. PM sent.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#9 & 10 for sure, the rest of it rather standard

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'd stop and see Adam Smith's grave. But I'm something of an economics nerd.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
To all that ha e posted a huge thank you. I'm so excited for this trip and have a feeling it won't be the last.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll send you a pm. Went there in 2015 for 18 days. We drove 2100 miles and saw 16 castles and 15 distilleries.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post