SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just Watched Seberg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Watched Seberg Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
It paints a very unflattering picture of the FBI.

They haven’t improved at all

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That organization is going to have to taken down to the foundation and completely rebuilt. Nothing less will work.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have been corrupt forever.

G. Edgar, kept dossiers on everyone to stay in power.

Bulger was paying off and snitching on his rivals in Boston for many many years.

The deep state tried a bloodless coupe for the last 5 years.

They should be disbanded and totally replaced.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

Bulger was paying off and snitching on his rivals in Boston for many many years.

I think you've got this wrong. Bulger was paying off FBI agents for info on HIS rivals (multiple agents admitted this under oath and/or were charged and convicted for crimes committed in Bulger's interest, to include murder), and the FBI provided it. I believe (based upon the FBI's past practices as well as other incriminating evidence) that the FBI was referring to Bulger as an informant as a means of attributing information obtained through the use of illegal electronic surveillance (wire taps), so that court authorized search warrants could be obtained which wouldn't excluded in court. When Bulger fled (MA) and hid in Santa Monica (CA), it hindered any defendant(s) convicted using the unlawfully obtained search warrant evidence from challenging the authenticity of the stated probable cause during their trial(s) and any subsequent appeals. Bulger was a hardened criminal and probably a murderer, but a "snitch"? I doubt it, if only for thee fact that those the FBI claimed he ratted out, were business rivals who'd have no reason to trust Bulger with information detrimental to their own self-interest.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post