Find
Notify
Tools

MOHS Surgery Login/Join 
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have an unfortunate history of cancer, many of the external ones have been for melanoma. The one that required MOHS technique was behind my right ear and required three trips back into the chair for another slice. Finally got the clear margins report right on the spot on the fourth attempt. I was afraid that by the time we got clear margins, I was going to look like Spock!

My skin oncologist and I see each other frequently! Started out once each quarter for a couple of years, now down to every six months.
Over the years I've acquired many interesting scars... if I were to walk in with my shirt off, you'd think I'd lost a knife fight! Wink

Have also lost the upper lobe of my right lung to cancer, which then metastisized 2 years later to my left scapula, where I noticed it early and had excellent oncologists, both for Chemo and radiation treatments.

I had another CT scan done this past Tuesday, and have an appointment with my radiation oncologist for "the reading" of the CT Scan. †he previous 3 semi-annual CT scans have been Negative for any observable cancer!!! I hope for the same tomorrow, of course!

At the age of 76, I feel I am lucky to still be "winning"! Smile

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
It's 7:00 AM and my nose is hurting Frown

I had a hard time sleeping because I have to use a CPAP. Just took a couple Tylenol and it should give me some relief.

I can't take my dressing off until tomorrow.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3497 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post