SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, the wife ordered a new chopping blade for her Cuisinart!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, the wife ordered a new chopping blade for her Cuisinart! Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted
It's really really sharp!

It came out of the mailbox like this:

There's a small amount of what appears to be dried blood on it. Not the best packaging job.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Eek

I bet it would also chop through a meat filled boot too.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Well that doesn't look safe.

Posts: 10968 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Eek

I bet it would also chop through a meat filled boot too.

It very well may have, there's a small amount of dried red matter smeared on it, visible in the pic. I think we're gonna wash it, then boil it.

I guess being a mail handler can have its hazards.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the cuisinart brand mandolin slicer that I used to own.

I never cut myself using it, but I cut myself disassembling it, hand washing it, putting it in the dishwasher, and taking it out of the dishwasher. I couldn't be trusted around it so I threw it in the garbage.

I have the knife skills so I don't need a mandolin slicer, and even better I go many, many years in between cutting myself with a kitchen knife.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23279 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
I guess being a mail handler can have its hazards.

Just another example for safe packaging...I’ve often bitched about Amazon’s trend of over doing their packing on shipments...but no more Eek

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read your title and instantly thought “those things are sharp”

I insist that the one in our house stays wrapped in aluminum foil when not in use.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I cut myself taking my replacement blade out of the packaging, but I feel like someone else's blood on it would be worse.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
They had a blade recall a few years ago and sent out replacement blades to everyone affected. Mine arrived the same way - minus the bonus blood.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I would wash it in hot soapy water and then soak it in 10% bleach solution for 30 minutes. Then wash again.
I'm worried that boiling it 1) will ruin it or 2) not be protective against hepatitis if done for less than 30 minutes.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
I would wash it in hot soapy water and then soak it in 10% bleach solution for 30 minutes. Then wash again.
I'm worried that boiling it 1) will ruin it or 2) not be protective against hepatitis if done for less than 30 minutes.

Bruce

Thank you! I will do just that.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I "inherited" my wife's when she passed away and I refuse to use it. Hared cleaning the thing after the use and the blades were too sharp.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
I "inherited" my wife's when she passed away and I refuse to use it. Hared cleaning the thing after the use and the blades were too sharp.

Yes, I was pretty surprised at how sharp it was. About like a new Spyderco.

I really hope it wasn't my local mail girl that got bit. She's really nice and always treats us good.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new blades.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8974 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
So how does that work? Post up another pic when it's all put together.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5043 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16363 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'd contact Amazon, send them pics if possible, then trash it, and have them send another one.

I know it can be sanitized but I'd just never be able to use it. Ugh!

Posts: 11854 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
So how does that work? Post up another pic when it's all put together.

The blades are offset. The blade on one side is about a half inch higher than the other side, so stuff bounces around while getting chopped up.