SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Worlds Largest Sporting Goods Store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Worlds Largest Sporting Goods Store Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Would like to see that but the closest store is 7 hours away and and DFW about 10.

Store locator...

LINK

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Scheel's was one of my highlights upon my many trips to the ND oil fields. Good store.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is one off I 25 by us in Johnstown, co. It also has the Ferris wheel. Right across the street from a huge indoor gun range, Liberty Arms. Scheels is a great place to shop.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Went by Scheel's yesterday. The place does NOT disappoint!

I walked in just to look around. I walked out with some freedom!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them being from Houston.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out next time up in FW.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Scheels has really expanded nation wide the last few years. Nice to see more in Montana as they carry a few things most other gun shops don't. I still remember when they where mostly a hardware and sporting good store in ND and MN. Growing up in ND they one in my home town was a great place to shop.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
Another couple of tidbits I really liked about Scheels:

1) I spent my time there working in loss prevention. Our store had a $100k+ camera system and a team of 8 of us or so. We got to work in plain clothes and actually catch folks stealing. The company prosecutes 100% of shoplifters caught and we would get 150-200 people a year. It was nice to have the support of the corporate office.

2)You can bring your pet dog in to shop with you. That was always a highlight of my day. This may vary with individual stores, but I have never known a Scheels to have a policy against it.

Scheels salespeople are given a lot of latitude in how they run their specialty shop. Each specialty shop has a shop manager (a sales associate in charge of ordering and displays and such for their products). That shop manager is given the freedom to choose what to carry, how to display it, etc. These shop managers are afforded all kinds of specialty trainings and pro deals so they really know their products, and they are rewarded with trips and cash bonuses for meeting sales goals, so they will go the extra mile to help you.

If you ever need to talk to an "expert" in what you're looking for, ask specifically for a shop manager in whatever department it is. For this forum, specialty shops in hardlines include cutlery, ammunition, shotguns, rifles, handguns, and reloading. They are usually each run by a different shop manager.

The new security cameras are ridiculously good and the criminals have figured out that its not a good idea. screen shots from thier cameras lookk like they were taken from a iphone!!!!!

Posts: 7800 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are gonna check it out this weekend.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post