SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    $430,000 to study Hispanic buying habits?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$430,000 to study Hispanic buying habits? Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/...ery-store-purchases/

We are well, and truly, screwed when this shit happens.

Yeah, I know that such an amount is infinitesimal in the grand scheme, but what I have to wonder is how many more such MCF deals go on without press coverage.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This is a perfect example of government spending money on something that's none of their business.

I can understand why a large retail corporation might do such a study with their own money for competitive reasons.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Costco could tell them that for free, as they know what each member has purchased since day 1.

Being Costco, they would sell it after a small markup.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$430K grant?

So, that's a part-time professor and a couple grad students? Latinos are the majority in CA. This kind of makes sense.

I'd imagine the UC and CSU spend billions each year on research that would make me puke.

P229

Posts: 3848 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"According to the grant proposal, the study aims to identify the factors that lead Latino families to purchase unhealthy items at the grocery store."

I can answer this question for free. Its the same for every race, region or sex. The cheap pack of little debbie snack cakes are tastier than a head of broccoli.

Basically this grant is going to be a free handout. Here, spend his $200 and let me follow you around and see what you buy. Oh wait, you just bought $200 worth of cigarettes and booze.

Posts: 5428 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
anyone got a link to these grant things, I want to apply and do some research, perhaps the migrating habits of Glock owners, or bullet buying patterns of Sig owners, I know how long it takes for socks to de-pair. Hell for $400K you could make a great living just off these grants...

Maybe we can start our own research facility for Sig Forum members.

The SigForum Higher Institute of Technology, or SHIT U., I like that.

We could have multiple Campus locations, build one up north so we could have No. Shit U.......

Posts: 23602 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This should be an easy study.

Just pull monthly EBT/SNAP Reports.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

The SigForum Higher Institute of Technology, or SHIT U., I like that.

We could have multiple Campus locations, build one up north so we could have No. Shit U.......

This had me laughing so hard I cried.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More shrimp on a treadmill study grants, spend huge amounts of money on studies that when finished the knowledge gained is useless.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post