SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hot Wheels or Match Box?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Wheels or Match Box? Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:

Remember having thr larger size very old/early cars bit not sure if they were Matchbox too.

Had completely forgotten about the tiny cars. Fond memories.

0-0

Methinks the larger Matchbox vehicles were labeled “King Size.” Corgi Toys also had some cool larger vehicles.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I was OCD before OCD was cool LOL…

My Dad was a cop during a chunk of my childhood and I was obsessed with all things “police:” vehicles, uniforms, weapons, etc.

In the vein of toy police vehicles, some makers’ cars were either a little too generic-looking for my taste (like some of the Hot Wheels cars) or not “the right make” to my mind (like Matchbox with its litany of Mercury police sedans and wagons, etc). Ridiculous, I realize, but there I was.

I was tickled at the time to find a “Highway Patrol” line by off-brand Zee Toys that rendered a more realistic-looking Plymouth Fury patrol car. I remember snapping-up a few of these so my imaginary police station could be properly fleeted - never mind that all the cars were marked “5” on top LOL…

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Looks like they are the 5 Oh?

Would have been funny if they made the back doors open instead. Wink

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post