SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What has happened to Parler?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What has happened to Parler? Login/Join 
posted
We have not been able to access Parler for a week or two, getting a 404 report. I cannot find any reference here or elsewhere for the reason. Am I alone in this?

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get the 404 message. But every time I try to log in, I can't get beyond the image you need to type to verify you are a human. Whenever I type it in, it just reloads another image that I need to type.

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just logged in at 0710 CT.

Posts: 416 | Location: Near Dallas, TX | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
You're probably accessing the https://parler.com/feed URL. That's the URL that will work when you are logged in, but if you are not logged in you see a 404. Click on the "back to feed" button.

IMO, Parler is not ready for prime time and has never been. These types of issues are consistent for end users and they do not seem to think it is a big deal. Up until at least a month ago, they had all sorts of issues. That's when I stopped bothering with the app.

Don't get me started on what a pain in the ass it is to switch accounts. Yes, there are plenty of good reasons to frequently switch accounts when your moving from your personal account to multiple business accounts you help manage...

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4992 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, thank you very much for your help, it worked. May not be ready for prime time but I will persist with Parler, at least it is generally populated by Patriots...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
I don't get the 404 message. But every time I try to log in, I can't get beyond the image you need to type to verify you are a human. Whenever I type it in, it just reloads another image that I need to type.

This is my experience too.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:

This is my experience too.

I see this kind of behavior sometimes when I am blocking the site's cookies. Many sites need for their own cookies to be set in order to process logins.

Anyway, you might see if tweaking cookie blocking for that site lets the site realize that you have passed their "Not a Bot" test.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post