SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Deep fried Ribeye bites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deep fried Ribeye bites Login/Join 
posted
I stated on a YouTube video that it was heresy to deep fry a Ribeye but I was in an adventurous mood tonight.
Peanut oil in my Field Dutch oven to 375° and I tried it. F'ing outstanding! I tossed it in a light coating of Heinz 57 sauce and it's like drugs to an addict. I can't stop.
I'd post a picture but every time I do it's messed up.
I cooked a spare Ribeye over charcoal just in case I messed up.
Anyone replies, I'd send the picture to you and maybe you have better luck posting pictures.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Oh my! I'd eat a recap tire if it was deep fried.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
The way you're describing it, I'd imagined they look and taste similar to burnt ends.

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I can see that for the eye part of a ribeye. Sounds like filet bits with a peppercorn dipping sauce which I like. But for the cap, that seems like a waste. I prefer the cap simple and tender always. Why ribeye? Will it work with other cuts? NY and ribeye - I’ll usually buy well marbled prime grade. I’ll get choice for other cuts so it would be cheaper if I’m just gonna deep fry.

Burnt ends - is that only tri-tip?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12752 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I can see that for the eye part of a ribeye. Sounds like filet bits with a peppercorn dipping sauce which I like. But for the cap, that seems like a waste. I prefer the cap simple and tender always. Why ribeye? Will it work with other cuts? NY and ribeye - I’ll usually buy well marbled prime grade. I’ll get choice for other cuts so it would be cheaper if I’m just gonna deep fry.

Yep, I'd save the cap and use only the eye. There is nothing better than a cap steak.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the whole Ribeye including the cap.
I did the cap last as to separate it from the rest of the steak.
It turned out great and tossed with a small bit of Heinz 57, it was delicious.
I took a small sandwich bag with what was left(not much) to a friend's house and had her try it. She ate it all.
I cut it up like I would have cut a cooked steak(against the grain), seasoned it and put it in the Dutch oven with peanut oil. Only took like 2 minutes per batch for medium/medium rare.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Sounds delicious. I may have to give that a try.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingfoot:
Sounds delicious. I may have to give that a try.

It was.
I was skeptical when I first saw a video on it. I was kinda like, "Why would you do that to a steak!?"
I have never done it before so I used a Select grade Ribeye. I wasn't going to use a Black Angus just in case I messed it up. Now that I know, I'll probably go Black Angus next time.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
This does sound very good!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I’ll deep fry chunks of pork loin and season them. Killer.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Usually from the brisket. I prefer them fatty, but love the slight char and caramelized edges of the burnt ends. Cool

Posts: 2664 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post